✟8,010.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
To RDR

There is a classic example of the foolisness of eastern orthodox perspective.

To say that Adam was neither male nor female is absolute foolisness.
IN your haste, you check very few, if any, facts. I've already demonstrated to you earlier how you were misaken about the word 'world'- for you compared two different Greek words as if they were synonymous (they are not).

And again, you spoke hastily, no checking the facts.
Did you even read he article I cited? I suspect not.
Here is the word of concern, 'adam.
http://cf.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H0120&t=kjv
Scroll down to Gesenius' lexicon, and see tha 'adam is the parallel to the Greek word anthropos, both meaning humankind, not MALE.

As for the supposed foolishness of Eastern Orthodoxy:
That which you disagree with is not ipso facto "foolish."
In fact, given your track record here, I'd suggest that the thing or group or person you disagree with probably is on the money.

Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Scriptural proof please to show that death is not a curse.

Death was a consequence of the fall, not a curse. When God curses something, it's well.....cursed. With no hope for a future. We see in Genesis, God gives man hope for future redemption....not the actions, of God cursing something.

Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Even worse, Eve was decieved and Adam was not decieved.

When I see Adam I'm going to say to him "she wasn't worth it" LOL :)

Ummm....Adam's actions failed Eve, more so than Eve failing Adam. Adam is the one that recieved direct instructions from God, not to eat the forbidden fruit...not Eve, she had not even been created yet.

The scripture says Adam was with her, so he stood by and watched as Eve conversed with the serpent....we see no mention of him trying to intervene and stop Eve, why is this? I believe because he was being tempted as well....and he was more and willing to let Eve go first.

16 The LORD God gave man this order: "You are free to eat from any of the trees of the garden 17 except the tree of knowledge of good and bad. From that tree you shall not eat; the moment you eat from it you are surely doomed to die." 18 The LORD God said: "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a suitable partner for him." 19 So the LORD God formed out of the ground various wild animals and various birds of the air, and he brought them to the man to see what he would call them; whatever the man called each of them would be its name. 20 The man gave names to all the cattle, all the birds of the air, and all the wild animals; but none proved to be the suitable partner for the man. 21 So the LORD God cast a deep sleep on the man, and while he was asleep, he took out one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. 22 The LORD God then built up into a woman the rib that he had taken from the man. When he brought her to the man, 23 5 the man said: "This one, at last, is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; This one shall be called 'woman,' for out of 'her man' this one has been taken."

6 The woman saw that the tree was good for food, pleasing to the eyes, and desirable for gaining wisdom. So she took some of its fruit and ate it; and she also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Amen Christina.

I read an article recently regarding this very issue- the beginning and the fall.

The author notes that God created man and woman from adam. Adam was neither male nor female (word means humanity), but when God took Eve from Adam, that there was then eesh and eeshah- man and woman. (Note that woman was not taken from male, but from adam)

Now God did this in anticipation of Adam's fall. Had this singular being fallen, it would have been a life alone, awaiting death. But God helped Adam by creating a person who 'stands opposite,' a companionship that assist humankind to create life even in their awaiting of death.

Think about the love of God for mankind- He anticipates the fall, and makes provision for us so that this darkness is neither alone nor without hope.

And, He was already prophesying about the Redeemer who would come and crush the head of the serpent.
Bless His Holy Name- His love knows no bounds, to Him even darkness is light. There is no death that He would not go to to save just one of us.

What can separate us from the love of God, Paul asks- and then answers: NOTHING.

In the meantime, He provides for us glimpses of heaven, and of us being (again) One Adam, in the New Adam.

Here is the article
http://goarch.org/en/ourfaith/articles/article8282.asp

I really enjoyed reading that article....thanks for posting.

Pam

Upvote 0

yashualover

Veteran
Nov 12, 2007
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟17,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ummm....Adam's actions failed Eve, more so than Eve failing Adam. Adam is the one that recieved direct instructions from God, not to eat the forbidden fruit...not Eve, she had not even been created yet.

The scripture says Adam was with her, so he stood by and watched as Eve conversed with the serpent....we see no mention of him trying to intervene and stop Eve, why is this? I believe because he was being tempted as well....and he was more and willing to let Eve go first.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And it was not Adam who was deceived. It was the woman who was deceived and became a lawbreaker.
1Ti 2:15 However, women will be saved by having children, if they continue to have faith, love, and holiness, along with good judgment.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Ti 2:14 And it was not Adam who was deceived. It was the woman who was deceived and became a lawbreaker.

...doesn't that make Adams sin greater? Eve was deceived, Adam chose to sin? :scratch:
tulc(just a thought) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
1Ti 2:15 However, women will be saved by having children, if they continue to have faith, love, and holiness, along with good judgment.

Adam stood by and watched, I think he must have been tempted too....temptation is not the sin, it is the action. So technically Eve sinned first, but Adam is not the helpless victim of the wiles of a woman....like the story is often spun.

...doesn't that make Adams sin greater? Eve was deceived, Adam chose to sin? :scratch:
tulc(just a thought) :)

That's what I was thinking as well.....plus he had the benefit of recieving instructions not to eat of the fruit...directly from God. So it seems like his actions was a conscience choice to sin....there is no mention of Eve then trying to seduce or decieve Adam....it just says she gave it too him.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2004
Kansas City area
✟23,771.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Even worse, Eve was decieved and Adam was not decieved.

When I see Adam I'm going to say to him "she wasn't worth it" LOL :)

As tulc said, then he chose to sin.

Did Got hate Adam? Since according to Morey, God is soveriegn in all things. Did God create Adam with that purpose in mind?

Upvote 0

yashualover

Veteran
Nov 12, 2007
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟17,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Adam stood by and watched, I think he must have been tempted too....temptation is not the sin, it is the action. So technically Eve sinned first, but Adam is not the helpless victim of the wiles of a woman....like the story is often spun.

That's what I was thinking as well.....plus he had the benefit of recieving instructions not to eat of the fruit...directly from God. So it seems like his actions was a conscience choice to sin....there is no mention of Eve then trying to seduce or decieve Adam....it just says she gave it too him.
I agree to all of the above. :) Many things are just too deep for me to understand.

Faith swims when reason can no longer touch the bottom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rdr Iakovos

Nov 4, 2004
Funkytown
✟8,010.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I agree to all of the above. :) Many things are just too deep for me to understand.

Faith swims when reason can no longer touch the bottom.
And yet you hastily refer to Eastern Orthodox as "foolish" because we show something too deep for you, something that an understanding of the Hebrew or the Greek illuminates.

That's not faith, that is hostile and defensive ignorance...as opposed to simple ignorance, which we all suffer with to some extent.

Plan on answering my earlier rebuttal.

Upvote 0

yashualover

Veteran
Nov 12, 2007
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟17,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with all that is said in the video, but I think it would be best if it was directed as a teaching to a Born Again audience.

My opinion is that Dr. Morey should have included a salvation message at the end of the video.

It gives no hope for the unsaved, I could be wrong in that it could be a real eye opener to those who think they are saved and are not.

I still would have loved to hear a salvation message therein. :)

Upvote 0

yashualover

Veteran
Nov 12, 2007
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟17,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And yet you hastily refer to Eastern Orthodox as "foolish" because we show something too deep for you, something that an understanding of the Hebrew or the Greek illuminates.

That's not faith, that is hostile and defensive ignorance...as opposed to simple ignorance, which we all suffer with to some extent.

Plan on answering my earlier rebuttal.
What number post is the so called rebuttlal?

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with all that is said in the video, but I think it would be best if it was directed as a teaching to a Born Again audience.

My opinion is that Dr. Morey should have included a salvation message at the end of the video.

It gives no hope for the unsaved, I could be wrong in that it could be a real eye opener to those who think they are saved and are not.

I still would have loved to hear a salvation message therein. :)

he probably thinks he cannot offer Christ to everyone with the POSSIBILITY of salvation upon repentance and faith because he perhaps assumes it is only for the elect............ in any case true Gospel preaching calls upon all to repent of sin and trust in Christ FOR SALVATON.

Upvote 0

yashualover

Veteran
Nov 12, 2007
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟17,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
he probably thinks he cannot offer Christ to everyone with the POSSIBILITY of salvation upon repentance and faith because he perhaps assumes it is only for the elect............ in any case true Gospel preaching calls upon all to repent of sin and trust in Christ FOR SALVATON.
I agree that the call goes out to all but only the elect will answer.

You seem to disagree on the elect part, could you please explain.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.