✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh heavens no, geo. Now don't be silly.

I know this because God doesn't like anyone except for me. He told me so. :)
I just got back from the grocery store parking lot, and I got the best parking spot there! I had to threaten some pregnant lady to "get outta my spot!", and after a little back and forth, she finally moved her car to the far side of the lot ... and now I know God loves me the most.
You can't really base the idea that God loves you the most on mere voices in your head. I have a tangible proof as evidenced by my parking lot study.

Reactions: Miss Shelby
Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know if God does but the law man sure does. Within a 10 hour period today I got a parking ticket and my dad's truck got towed. OUCH.

ouch is right! Your day can only improve from there.

Upvote 0

BillH

Be not afraid!
Apr 3, 2005
Columbia, South Carolina, USA
✟27,958.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if God does but the law man sure does. Within a 10 hour period today I got a parking ticket and my dad's truck got towed. OUCH.

I'll second the ouch. I got a parking ticket myself on Wednesday this week. Forgot to put my parking pass for the new school year on my car. :doh:

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I found out a couple hours after this that my dad's truck wasn't towed. He went to the wrong spot looking for his truck, assumed it had been towed, and spent the next 2 or three hours trying to chase it down only to find it was exactly where he had parked it - one row away from where he had looked for it.

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I found out a couple hours after this that my dad's truck wasn't towed. He went to the wrong spot looking for his truck, assumed it had been towed, and spent the next 2 or three hours trying to chase it down only to find it was exactly where he had parked it - one row away from where he had looked for it.
I've done similar before, only I was trying to unlock a white Dodge Neon, and couldnt understand why my key wasnt working...:scratch: :sorry:

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a really good parking lot story to tell you. :)

My hubby used to fly every week on business, in and out of the Tallahassee, FL airport. Tallahassee is a college town. One day, while out in the airport parking lot, walking to his car, he came upon a young woman who was very distressed.

She needed $4.00 to pay her parking fee, and she was very distressed because she didn't have any cash. And no one would help her. She approached my hubby, and asked him if could please loan her $4.00. He only had a $20 on him, so he gave her the $20. She promised she would pay him back, and asked for a business card.

A few weeks later, we received the most wonderful letter in the mail. We have kept it all these years, as a reminder of how we should always be willing to help people.

This is what she wrote:

Dear Mr. P******,

Remember me? I am the stranded girl in Tallahassee airport parking lot. I just wanted to thank you so much for the help. I was almost sure there wasn't any nice people left in the world until Sunday night. You could say that you renewed my spirit for the human race.

Thanks again - You're a lifesaver!

Best of luck!

Tammy McR****.

PS - My mom thanks you also!!

So yes, I do believe it matters where we park, and I do think God is with us in all the little things of life. :)

Btw, included with the letter was a $20 dollar bill. :)

Reactions: Annabel Lee
Upvote 0

redMountian

They'll know we are Christian by our love.
Jan 17, 2006
E-town
✟1,775.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

My hubby used to fly every week on business, in and out of the Tallahassee, FL airport. Tallahassee is a college town. One day, while out in the airport parking lot, walking to his car, he came upon a young woman who was very distressed.

She needed $4.00 to pay her parking fee, and she was very distressed because she didn't have any cash. And no one would help her. She approached my hubby, and asked him if could please loan her $4.00. He only had a $20 on him, so he gave her the $20. She promised she would pay him back, and asked for a business card.

A few weeks later, we received the most wonderful letter in the mail. We have kept it all these years, as a reminder of how we should always be willing to help people.

This is what she wrote:

So yes, I do believe it matters where we park, and I do think God is with us in all the little things of life. :)

That story is beautiful. :cry:

Reactions: Auntie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rrguy

Jul 12, 2007
✟19,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe God ask us too & can see when we are being a good neighbor wether we are parking or driving etc...

I can look back & realize I prayed for many of things that were of self interest & now feel sad for having doubted God. I am glad I can look back & see what I was doing was wrong.

Upvote 0

Gaudete

Dec 26, 2005
Umea
✟8,367.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
well, we can pray for anything we want, but how important a parking spot is to God is, well, probably not top priority ;)
But I think it can be good to pray even for these not so important problems of ours, so that we are used to turn to Him whenever we need something. Like practise :p

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

This is what she wrote:

That is an great story.

I think it says more about us helping one another though, than it does about God caring where we park.

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

This is what she wrote:

That's awesome. :)

Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
This thread is intended to be more fun than anything else.

I was talking with an atheist recently who stated that it bugged him when folks prayed for their favorite teams to win at sports, and other trivial matters such as that.

I recall from my own experience, that people sometimes pray for good parking spots. So what do you think - does God care where we park?

Any prayer that is conducive to our salvation he answers. If what we are praying for will further sanctify us, he answers "yes." If it won't, he answers, "no." Sometimes patiently bearing the inconverience of a bad parking spot is more conducive to salvation than getting a good one.

That being said, I believe God, in His permissive will, often allows the natural course of events to play out in many situations like this--and especially those concerning sports teams and whatnot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This thread is intended to be more fun than anything else.

I was talking with an atheist recently who stated that it bugged him when folks prayed for their favorite teams to win at sports, and other trivial matters such as that.

I recall from my own experience, that people sometimes pray for good parking spots. So what do you think - does God care where we park?

I think it all depends....

IF you have need of His help because...
1) You are having a difficult pregnancy.
2) Carrying a baby and have two small ones with you.
3) Temporarily Disabled.
4) Elderly

He may 'lead' you to a parking spot that otherwise could have been taken if the other driver was not mysteriously 'preoccupied' or you were not getting the feeling to go to the parking space...

Thats my version, and I am sticking to it.:p

Seriously..I dont know if He cares where ya park.
But I think He does do small favors when we are in need.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.