Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Greens
I'm not sure. If I wear a lot of black clothes and dress like a goth for example, it will not change my happy smiley personality, into the typical, low mood goth. Wearing a suit will not make me behave or seem more grown up and responsible.

If you feel good in what you are wearing it will always bring out a more confident side of you, compared to wearing something you feel out of place in. But, it's still you underneath them.

You wear your clothes, your clothes don't wear you.

Upvote 0

.Iona.

I love Jesus!
Dec 9, 2007
UK
✟41,546.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Greens
People wear clothes to cover themselves. But, some clothes makes you feel better and smart too. Sometime you feel you become young.

Yeah, like I said it can give you a confidence with which you might feel better about yourself (temporarily). But, clothes cannot permanently change anything. I have a jacket that makes me feel old - only because I believe it looks like something an old lady would wear. It doesn't change who am I.

Changing your clothes will not change who you are. They might make you feel confident, happy (bright colours tend to make people happy) or sensible - but it can only make you feel like that, it will not change you.

So, there is a feeling which comes within you creates an impression on others.

I think this is all it is. An impression to others.

I could dress like a doctor - others may get the impression I am a doctor and therefore sensible and responsible. But, does that mean that I am necessarily a doctor?!

Upvote 0

dbj6417

Jan 20, 2011
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not talking about professionalism. I am talking about good feeling, which impacts others.

A good feeling has positive and powerful impacts which attracts others and changes everyone around.

So, we need to create positive vibes. How do we create that? One of the thing that immediately attracts others is our fragrance and clothes that we wear.

Brad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟97,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I definitely think clothing affects my mood! I know the days when I don't like what I'm wearing, I skipped a shower, bad hair, what have you its a lot easier for me to feel down than on the ones where I'm dressed nice and presenting myself well. I think the way we dress projects what we want the world to think we are like so on the days when you dress better than you feel you feel the need to raise your mood to meet this better idea whereas when you dress worse than you feel you don't feel a need to present yourself in an upbeat manner.

Also I find that when I look cute when I sleep I wake up in a better mood the next day :)

Upvote 0

Cuddles333

May 5, 2011
Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think that bright, color coordinated, not too sexy, clothes bring out the best. You can see it in the workplace. Sometimes a coworker will be dressed so that she really stands out, and then she goes to walk accross the floor and she's wearing high heels and doesn't even know how to walk in them! You hear that, 'clomp' 'clomp' 'clomp' clear across the floor! We should make sure we know how to use our attire before we take it out in public. The OP is sure right that the right clothes make all the difference in our attitude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ishraqiyun

Fanning the Divine Spark
Mar 22, 2011
Montsalvat
✟21,035.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I find that when I wear a suite and tie I act more mature than when I'm wearing some baggy shorts and t shirt. It could also be that people call me "sir" and act nicer to me when I'm out and about. Boosts my ego and I start acting like I'm someone important. Seriously people will give you a free order for fry's if the hamburger took a little longer than normal if you are wearing a suite lol.

Upvote 0