Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"In my opinion," says Rabbi Moshe Botschko, head of the Heichal Eliyahu hesder yeshiva, "a creature born through genetic duplication is not considered human - It is clear beyond all doubt that the life form created in some scientific institution will be an animal that walks on two feet, no more." According to Botschko, a highly respected rabbi in the French-speaking community, the reason for this is that the Creator only gives man a soul at the moment when sperm meets ovum. But the cloning process involves no sperm. The implications of Botschko's conclusion are far-reaching: "Anyone who kills a creature of this type will not be indicted, because he has not killed a man," he says.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/608432.html

night2day

Sola Scriptura~Sola Gratia~Sola Fide
Aug 18, 2004
Home
Visit site
✟2,758.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Norseman said:
We have a winner! Now all we need to do is clone stem cells, you see. No harm, no foul.

*shakes head* Only Man would be such an arrogent creation to try and play God.

Upvote 0

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
night2day said:
*shakes head* Only Man would be such an arrogent creation to try and play God.

God creates man in his image. Man arrogantly tries to play God. What do we conclude?

Wait, wait, didn't Jesus say that the way you treat other people is the way you treat him? 'Cause that just clicked for me. Not to be mean, it's just if you follow Genesis, then yeah, whatever you say about humanity you say about God. That thought's a keeper, I think.

Carry on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lucid42day

where do I go when the land touches sea
Apr 1, 2004
We'll stumble through the APT.
✟9,766.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Robert43 said:
"In my opinion," says Rabbi Moshe Botschko, head of the Heichal Eliyahu hesder yeshiva, "a creature born through genetic duplication is not considered human - It is clear beyond all doubt that the life form created in some scientific institution will be an animal that walks on two feet, no more."
I dunno about this. Making dubious and disparaging conclusions about creatures that don't actually exist and may never exist seems sort of like a waste of time. It is a lot easier than solving problems we actually have right now though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tabfry

Aug 5, 2005
Seattle area
✟15,227.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure that an identical twin can be compared to a clone due to the fact that twins are created by a single fertilized egg deviding in the womb. Fraternal twins are simply two eggs being fertilized at the same time. When "man" has his had in creating life, that's when the soul or no soul question is asked. IMO, a clone is not like a twin. Whether or not it has a soul is not for me to decide.

Upvote 0

Izzy23

Let Love Rule
Aug 1, 2004
New York City, NY
✟4,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have to agree with the rabbi on this one. I don't think clones have souls. When God created the human form He breathed life into it. We are spiritual beings. Clones are man made and we don't have the power to duplicate anything spiritual. We can just duplicate the physical and not very well, I must say. God help us and forgive us for wanting the same power. What a charade. All in the name of science. I don't agree with the killing part, though. The law applies to all human (like) creatures. Murder is still wrong, regardless.

JMHO
Peace

Upvote 0