Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
same, I used to watch a ton of t.v. up til around the end of high school-ish. Then YouTube became my 't.v.' sort of outlet + with Facebook to update me on the latest trending news. I am super picky with what I watch- just a personal thing. If my family's watching something downstairs and I happen to be passing by, then I can't avoid watching while eating since the t.v. is visible from the kitchen. But other than that, I prefer to use YouTube. : )

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes. We live in a golden age of good television with more choices than ever before. That said, I find myself watching many fewer shows than I did a couple of years ago, but that's due to my schedule and some of my favorites no longer airing.

Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I personally don't watch TV, and I feel that I don't really miss out on anything.

You know, I'm kind of glad I have the privilege of reading about the American presidential election in newspapers, instead of having to watch TV news. As a matter of fact, I believe that many of the problematic aspects of American politics can be traced back to TV.

In this age of information overload it truly is a blessing to be able to thoughtfully digest a well written print article, reading it in my own pace.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, I mainly watch things on Youtube. When I do watch television type shows I usually use Netfli x or Hulu.

While there is a lot of stupidity on Youtube, you also find a lot of intelligent stuff with depth that would probably never make its way onto television.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you watch TV

Not much. I can sometimes get involved in specific shows. Better Call Saul is a series I'm probably going to be following throughout the run. I recently started watching two shows: Timeless and Frequency (which happen to be quite similar). I'll turn the TV on to let football play in the background when it's on. That's about it.

I really can't stand commercials. The dearth of substance on television didn't help, but it was really the commercials that drove me away.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes and no.

Yes, I have my TV on just about all the time as it beats a silence. However I have it on the old stations. Shows like Cheers, Frasier, Threes Company etc.....

No, I don't watch any new TV at all really. (I liked Arrow but last season lost me pretty much. Flash I still enjoy and the Walking Dead also lost me last season..... thats about it for my "new" show watching)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

follicallychalnged

Just a little cracked.
Aug 29, 2016
oklahoma
✟7,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't watch much . Just don't find it informative . If you have satellite or cable it would cost more than I am willing to pay to get the few channels I'd watch . As far as entertainment , think I'll just go fishing .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,543.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Apart from sport, I probably watch most science fiction/fantasy shows that are on, and occasionally other genres, but not too often (Big Bang Theory is the only one that comes to mind right now). How much I watch per week varies, but it generally works out to an average of 1-2 shows per night.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm watching a lot of news right now because of the election. But normally, I watch maybe one show a week.

I'm hooked on US election news too. Thanks to the election-drama, I've started watching John Oliver's show, and occasionally Kelly File.

Megyn Kelly is sharp and good, (and speaks mega-fast, which is kind of challenge for a foreigner...) but I think John Oliver is just great! I love his mix of comedy and actual information.

As a sidenote, my watching habits would probably make more sense if I didn't live one ocean away from the country where the election is taking place, but that's just details for me! It's better drama than House of Cards :p

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I work 12hr shifts 3-4 days a week. Got rid of cable and now just have Netflix and Amazon Prime. Part of my job is to monitor news sites so I have either BBC world news or Fox news on one of the big monitors all night at work.

I really enjoy the incredible diversity of shows available these days. You can choose to watch things that are spiritually healthy for you much easier than you could fifteen years ago.

Upvote 0