Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think I'm weird because I'd don't care about having a girlfriend? I don't think about that anymore. When I'm in school, I'll pray. It's not on my mind. It was when I was younger, but this year, I don't care. I probably will have like 1 girlfriend in my life and marry her or something. I want a wife that will be close to God and can talk about God all of the time. Do you guys also think I'm weird if I notice every time someone uses the Lord's name in vain. It really bothers me when people say that. When my friends say it, I'll say "Excuse Me?" It bothers me so much. I don't say it of course. I don't even say "Oh My God."I notice every time people say it. Yesterday, the girl sitting next to me in Science said Jesus in vain about 20 times. Funny thing is, she's always saying it's wrong to use the Lord's name in vain when she does it herself. My Science teacher will say it. It completely ruins the mood. I can be in a good mood and then, all of a sudden, they'll use the Lord's name in vain, and I get mad, but I don't let it show. I just sit there and I often pray that I won't catch on and that I can get myself together. I also don't like superstitions. Like the number 13 being unlucky. That's so dumb. Some people get really freaked out with superstition. Today, I was playing with my calculator with my birth date and came up with the number 2,079. When I showed my friend because I thought it was funny how it was a year that was close, he said that I'm gonna die in that year. Then, he was telling practically everyone in the class that. Here's what I did, You take the year that you were born, add the number of month, subtract the date, and subtract the last 2 numbers in the year you were born. ie. 12/22/86. 1986+12-22+86=2,062
I hope he isn't taking this seriously. He was saying he has 60 years to live. Whatever.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Fender,

Again your age is unkown.

So you are weird for our Lord Jesus Christ.

I'm 70 and I hear His Name being used in vain, to so I usually say to that person, "Do you know Jesus to?"

Don't let it get to you, Satan and his forces love it when you get upset.

Just do the best you can for our Lord Jesus Christ and be his light, and not His wierd one.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think it's weird at all. Don't let it bother you.

Look around at how some of the other kids operate -- they dump each other carelessly, put all their focus on dependence, end up pregnant.... if you have the patience to learn to relate to others thoughtfully and maturely, more power to you!

I have so many friends who went through gruelling divorces, I wish more of us had encouraged each other toward singleness as an option.

Back then, people would laugh about teachings on the blessings of singleness, as if others were putting a plastic cover over someone's inadequacy. But singleness really is a blessing to many people! It has nothing to do with worth, and probably more to do with wisdom.

Upvote 0
S

StarryEyes

First of all, I'd like to say that our opinions really don't make a whole lot of difference. It's what God's will is, and what He thinks that matter. But, since you did ask :).. I don't think you're weird at all for not caring if you have a girlfriend or not. You're young, you have plenty of time, and it's great to be focused on God and on things above, which is what God said we should be thinking about! Glad to hear you pray in school too. God loves hearing from you! And the Bible says "Pray without ceasing. (1 Thessalonians 5:17) Good to hear you want a wife who is close to God! It's important to be equally yoked. I don't think you're weird if you notice someone using the Lord's name in vain. I notice this as well, and it makes me cringe! It just means you love God and you know using His name in vain is wrong, and it hurts. Superstitions can be fun/funny but usually not accurate or something to be taken seriously. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

In Him,
Amy

Upvote 0

CShephard53

Somebody shut me up so I can live out loud!
Mar 15, 2007
✟13,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, I think you are weird. But I'm insane. So I have room to talk. Hehe, I don't care too much about girls either. But there is this one girl that always annoys me- stealing my water bottle and such. Yet we're good friends. Okay, enough about my love life, or lackthereof. If you say you're weird, you'd have to define normal. I've yet to find anyone who can define normal.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Oh, by the way Fender, when I was 14 years, I didn't have any time for girls, because I was having too much fun running around in the bush, chasing snakes, lizards and greentree frogs. I guess I spent more time sitting under gum tree listening to all the different type of bush birds flying above.

Now, don't worry, guess what you will be 15 soon, then 16, then 17, then 18, and next minute you'll be 70, and you'll say where in the world did my life go to?

Just remember one thing Fender, you won't win, because some gorgeous, great looking girl will come along and sweep you off your feet. So when that happens be as wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove. Remember, they caused the fall. (Joke ladies----Joke!)

Upvote 0

anewhope

Apr 13, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟15,199.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
In Relationship
I didn't have my first girlfriend until I was 18, we're still together 3 years later and I have hopes of marriage. :blush: I also notice it when people use the Lord's name in vain. :) The only superstition I SORTA believe in is jynxing (sp?). I'm always afraid that if I say something like, "ahh it looks like I'm over my cold!" it'll kick back in, haha

But yeah, like others have said, you are still young, take advantage of it while you can! I'm only 21 but I really miss being called a "teenager" haha :D

Upvote 0

sinneD

Jan 21, 2007
Dallas, Texas
✟15,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fender:

Many youth do not start dating or having girlfriends until their late teens or early twenties. It's not weird.

My advice to you is similar to the one you asked about feeling "weird" because of your witness for God.

Don't concern yourself with the labels from your peers and friends. It isn't weird to be on fire for God. It isn't weird to think of spiritual things first, or of how to please God.

It bothers me when I hear people use the Lords name in vein, or just use vulgar language, for that matter. But we cannot take ourselves out of an unsaved world, we can only be the best witness, the best shining light, that we can be.

And Fender, I think superstitions are dumb as well. :thumbsup:

Peace, Young Brother

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums