Do you think God can communicate through music?

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wondering if you think God can use music to communicate with us. I'm not talking bad music of course, but sometimes when I need comfort or just to cry to God, I hear a song that pops out at me. For instance today I felt like praying in the car about some problems I am having and I kinda got upset and then all of a sudden this song just plays and it's comforting. Am I just looking for it, or does it really happen?

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
"Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world."
— Martin Luther

"My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary."
— Martin Luther

"The devil, the originator of sorrowful anxieties and restless troubles, flees before the sound of music almost as much as before the Word of God....Music is a gift and grace of God, not an invention of men. Thus it drives out the devil and makes people cheerful. Then one forgets all wrath, impurity, and other devices."
— Martin Luther

"A person who...does not regard music as a marvelous creation of God, must be a clodhopper indeed and does not deserve to be called a human being; he should be permitted to hear nothing but the braying of asses and the grunting of hogs."
— Martin Luther

Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟16,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just wondering if you think God can use music to communicate with us. I'm not talking bad music of course, but sometimes when I need comfort or just to cry to God, I hear a song that pops out at me. For instance today I felt like praying in the car about some problems I am having and I kinda got upset and then all of a sudden this song just plays and it's comforting. Am I just looking for it, or does it really happen?
It happens!
There is a apocryphal text that gives an account of another event before the handing over of Christ, the disciples form a circle holding hands while Christ is in the middle and they all sing.

YouTube - ‪Angels Singing!‬‏

Peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LULU730

Jun 24, 2011
ALABAMA
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a firm believer that God speaks to us through music! As a lover of music, I too find comfort in song. God knows when we are troubled, and if speaking to us through song will ease our fears, frustrations, and our trials of everyday life, works best, then I believe that he will use that tool to assure us that he is there with us every step of the way. I am curious as to what song it was that comforted you so?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CocoaBean

May 5, 2011
✟15,302.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some songs and lyrics play right when you need them. :)

I've never considered that to be a coincidence - it's a form of divine intervention, and lets me know He is there with me. And, yes, He can and does use whatever is available to Him to give us signs, even secular music! He is able to bless us in so many ways! :pink:

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2011
Columbia, NC.
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do think we can communicate through music from my experience singing in churches.
Usually I start singing the way I've practiced, and then I feel someone else take over my voice and I am listening to the song I've never sang that way before.

It could be only my emotional feeling and actually I am doing that.
Someone told me, however, that is how the Holy Spirit works.

I really can not tell you which is true, but if some kind of God's power is working on me, I would be so happy.

Btw, the song I always sang was " How Great Thou Art."

Upvote 0