Do you play MMORPGS

IseekTheTruth

Feb 13, 2006
✟16,035.00
Faith
Baptist
Ahhhh!!! I hate MMORPGs! They should be banned!

1) They accomplish nothing tangible or intangible. Not even gaming skills. Minimal hand-eye coordination... Reasoning skills... Reaction time... Critical Thinking... The "community" argument is not true. They are big black holes of non-industriousness. Any level of "skill" is directly proportional to the vast amount of time one invests.
2) They are truly addictive. I played one for 2.5 weeks. After realizing what an immense waste of time it was, and how much it propogated anti-social behavior, I deleted the darn thing and never looked back.

I have three friends who play World of Warcraft... EVERY time I come down they're on their computers staring at the screen like zombies. One of them actually spent REAL MONEY to buy FAKE MONEY in the game.

I'm sorry to be so harsh -_-'... but i just despise MMORPGs on every level.

Upvote 0

Weasel7711

I'm in love with a bunnymedic!
Jun 17, 2004
Virginia Beach
Visit site
✟13,220.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I used to play Diablo 2 but I beat it and it got boring. My machine and/or connection speed where I was was usually never good enough to enjoy better games such as NWN, plus I would get bored too quickly, then when I would get interested again i would have to start over, which would bore me also.

Upvote 0

A Taffer

Stop right there criminal scum!
Jun 28, 2003
Utah
✟9,337.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I play World of Warcraft and I'm just now renewing my Eve Online account tomorrow after a while away from the game. :) In the past I've played Diablo 2, Everquest 1 (I played for four years), Everquest 2, Guild Wars and Dark Ages of Camelot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Diablo 2 isn't really an MMORPG, but that's a quibble.

I'm an RTS or FPS man, myself. Never really saw the point of MMORPG. I mean, I'd rather work on my real-life skills (like shooting baskets) or go on a real-life quest (like going to the gym and playing some hoops, and vanquishing the evil other team).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Weasel7711

I'm in love with a bunnymedic!
Jun 17, 2004
Virginia Beach
Visit site
✟13,220.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Diablo 2 isn't really an MMORPG, but that's a quibble.

I'm an RTS or FPS man, myself. Never really saw the point of MMORPG. I mean, I'd rather work on my real-life skills (like shooting baskets) or go on a real-life quest (like going to the gym and playing some hoops, and vanquishing the evil other team).
Blast! I knew I wasnt nerdy enough for this thread.;)

Upvote 0

Scotty_Aussie87

Jun 21, 2005
Rockhampton
✟15,477.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I played world of warcraft for a bit, 2 months, as a way of spending time/doing an activity with my older brother and sister as they live in a different city. wasnt willing to get too involved with it as i have IT studies to complete and i know what a time consuming effort the game can become!

spend more time nowadays upgrading, case modding, tweaking, overclocking and benchmarking my PC than playing games.

Upvote 0