Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My father is often unreasonable and he has a quick temper. But nevertheless, I get along with him most of the time. And my mom is a real sweetheart. Not hard to get along with her. Except on a few issues - she's prone to be offended by any criticism of her cooking, even if it is framed as complimentary with minor suggestions. Among other things.

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I get along with both my parents. Sure there are times when we get on each others nerves, but it's normal. I'm a lot closer to my mom though. Probably because she's a lot less strict and over-bearing then my dad is at times.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a very good and close relationship with my parents. My mom and I are complete different, so we butt heads a lot, but we're still soooo close...because we're opposites. We just click.

My dad and I hardly ever butt heads about anything. I have my dad's laidback, introverted personality.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I respect my parents and love them as my parents, but they get on my nerves and I really don't like them. I got the parts of my dad's personality that clash with my mom's and vise versa. When I'm home it can get very tough to be around them.

Upvote 0

BlissMommy

Jul 30, 2011
California
✟15,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I adored my Daddy. He passed 8 years ago and I still just miss him so much. He was great and as I got older we got closer.
My mother and I do not get along. She is an alcoholic and drug addict and we just can't be around each other. She is very angry and manipulative, I'm trying to just forgive her and heal over the lack of having a Mom in my life.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I love my parents.

My mom is one of my best friends. There's little I can't talk to her about. And there's little she can't talk to me about.

My dad... He's harder. We can get along, but its not as easy as it was when I was a kid. I'm noticing more and more aspects of his personality that I am not OK with. I usually bite my tongue and spend little time with him, but there have been a lot more instances of head butting between us the last few years than when I was a kid.

but he's still my father and I'll always love him, even if he can be difficult.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelT17

Jun 28, 2006
Jamdung/Jamrock/Island in the sun
✟22,046.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I LOVE my parents so much:hug:. They are always looking out for me and they keep me motivated. We have our share of disagreements of course, but I wouldn't trade them for anybody else.

It has always been this way. I grew up with my Mom and Dad. They have been together since high school. I wouldn't say at this point that I have a 'favourite' parent. Neither can I say that I talk to one more than the other. When I was younger Mom was easier to talk to somehow.:)

Upvote 0

fuzzyjesusfreak

on the fuzzier side of life
Oct 7, 2006
Under your pet rock
✟15,826.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not too fond of my father but I still respect him because he is my father. I love my mother through and through with all of my being :) she has supported me through just about every decision that I have made in my life.

Upvote 0