Jun 11, 2005
✟1,097,755.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Saul is the best... I cracked up at him. Jesse is too cute. "You don't want a criminal attorney, you want a CRIMINAL attorney..." lol. If How to get away with murder I'd added to netfilx, that is a must see. Viola Davis is so good in that.
It IS on netflix, except for the current season. I'd never watched it, but I'm a big Viola Davis fan and caught up. I missed the season premiere but found it on abc.com There are commercials, but not quite as long as on regular tv.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,784.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Am I the only one who thinks Breaking Bad was actually hysterical? I also years ago watched all of Malcolm in the Middle so I totally got the references to Hal in his tighty whities, cooking method in his underwear. I have the final season on DVD and the alternate ending was the funniest thing I ever watched. They have Walter White in bed with what is to be believed is Skyler and it's actually Lois, lol. He wakes up as Hal saying he had a dream that he was bad, cooking method and killing people.... Funny.
Michelle, (benedicta) @benedicta

you have to read this editorial Ann Coulter wrote on Breaking Bad. It made me feel better about watching it , that I could put it in a Christian context, lol, which is a stretch I know, but still. I know a lot of people will say 'I so don't like Ann Coulter," or 'I don't always agree with Ann Coulter' and that's fine. I, for one, always agree with her, but I think even those who do not agree with this assessment. http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2013-10-02.html

Last edited:
Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,784.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
@Miss Shelby, you and I definitely have this in common. I binge watch shows on Netflix myself. My most favorite show by far is Longmire.
Okay, Red Fox, Longmire looks good. Started the first episode. It's on my agenda next to watch.. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Michelle, (benedicta) @benedicta

you have to read this editorial Ann Coulter wrote on Breaking Bad. It made me feel better about watching it , that I could put it in a Christian context, lol, which is a stretch I know, but still. I know a lot of people will say 'I so don't like Ann Coulter," or 'I don't always agree with Ann Coulter' and that's fine. I, for one, always agree with her, but I think even those who do not agree with this assessment. http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2013-10-02.html
That was interesting. I considered the Christian angle at different aspects in the series, like when Walt let Jesse's girlfriend overdose and how that was what was responsible for the plane crash. The domino effect of sin and in the end Walt atoned for his sins when he sacrificed himself to rescue Jesse from being a meth slave, another parallel, Jesse's sins ultimately inslaved him, but Walt atoned by sacrificing himself to free Jesse, So Walt's in heaven, lol.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am guilty as charged when it comes to Netflix.

I had originally subscribed just so I could watch Longmire again, but then I got reeled in even more by some other of my favorite shows.

299e5gh.jpg
HA HA. I love that meme. I have to go and use that.

I really got into Netflix when I fractured my elbow just before Christmas. I had also bruised myself quite badly from the same fall (on rock) and so I was laid up for a few weeks. Oh boy. I watched every single season of Parks & Recreation, Scandal, The Vampire Diaries!! (just shoot me now), and House of Cards. I was so grateful for Netflix, and yeah, I have watched all kinds of shows (The Vampire Diaries!) which I would not have otherwise bothered to watch because it allows for binge watching.

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh yeah, I do this for sure. I caught up with ALL the NCIS shows that I didn't watch for years, and also turned my brother on to 24 by watching dvds of full seasons while we were on vacation. We didn't get much sleep that week 'cause it was way too hard to stop. (He also recommended Longmire to me by the way, so I'll have to pull it up and watch it.)

My absolute favorite show I had to watch that way because I came to it late - The Closer. Love that show!

Rush is talking about Homeland right now, I guess I'll have to start that one too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,114,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeah, I do this for sure. I caught up with ALL the NCIS shows that I didn't watch for years, and also turned my brother on to 24 by watching dvds of full seasons while we were on vacation. We didn't get much sleep that week 'cause it was way too hard to stop. (He also recommended Longmire to me by the way, so I'll have to pull it up and watch it.)

My absolute favorite show I had to watch that way because I came to it late - The Closer. Love that show!

Rush is talking about Homeland right now, I guess I'll have to start that one too.
I like The Closer, too.
Currently watching the new episodes of "Poirot" on Netflix.

Reactions: brewmama
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,114,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are new episodes? With David Suchet? I thought it ended with his death in Curtain?
Yike, his death?
The last season on Netflix is the one I was watching last night, Season 12.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟445,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
After their cowardly submission to the Politically Correct, militant passive-aggressives by taking Confederate flags off of their site when people started having a hissy about it, Amazon is the last place I'd ever give my business.
Really?
Tell me more...i didnt hear anything.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟445,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
yeah, I do have my limits. Family guy cooking meth, going around killing people, no problem, lesbian inappropriate content, no way. I do have standards. And Salem is good. I tried to DVR the second season but for some reason it didn't happen and hulu and On Demand doesn't replay that one, so I have to wait for Netflix.
Might have to check out Salem.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟445,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Depends. I hate chick flicks. lol
I love them, but i love action, car shows, drama...anything but horror.
Horror bores me.
Ghost stuff - i can do it.
Grisly ghost stuff - no.
Halloween, Nightmare, et al - no thanks.
Same story over and over and over.
I kind of like the real stories - but not the exorcist.

My preference is comedy above all.
And sci fi is a very close second.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0