Do you like beards?

K

KeenanParkerII

Yeah you do! You must also like the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. :cool:

vocations.jpg

These guys are fantastic. I wish they had a friary in Canada. Definitely check out their site, love em, support em. :)

Franciscan Friars of the Renewal

fg2.jpg

happy-friars.jpg

Idunno these brothers, but they're twins! If one of you sees this, hi. :wave:
tumblr_lr0ul4rmIN1qzhwfso2_250.jpg

Anddd the sisters, gotta love em.
CFR_Sisters.jpg

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah you do! You must also like the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. :cool:

vocations.jpg

These guys are fantastic. I wish they had a friary in Canada. Definitely check out their site, love em, support em. :)

Franciscan Friars of the Renewal

fg2.jpg

happy-friars.jpg

Idunno these brothers, but they're twins! If one of you sees this, hi. :wave:
tumblr_lr0ul4rmIN1qzhwfso2_250.jpg

Anddd the sisters, gotta love em.
CFR_Sisters.jpg

I have been a big fan of those guys for quite some time. they also have the Franciscan sisters of Renewal. They are the real deal.

They are also very active in the pro-life movement. They better be careful, the Pope will discipline the. ;)

Upvote 0
K

KeenanParkerII

Haha, wow there is so much love for these guys! It's very inspiring to see them out in the freezing cold helping out the marginalized and the homeless.. And of course the beards, that our Orthodox friends love so much. :D

I have been a big fan of those guys for quite some time. they also have the Franciscan sisters of Renewal. They are the real deal.

They are also very active in the pro-life movement. They better be careful, the Pope will discipline the.

I've heard good things! In fact I was just chatting with a girl who was discerning with the Sisters.:thumbsup:

I love beards, and am glad for this thread and these photos. I was afraid that shows like Duck Dynasty, which I find pretty upsetting, was going to turn me against beards.

C'mon the shows not thatt bad. We should have a Franciscan Dynasty program. :p

Well maintained. Not real long to reach mid chest and below. No frizzies. Prefer clean shave around mouth (have ya ever watched em eat and food is in their beard?). Yuck... But then more important is their character.

haha.. These guys are too manly to think about things like that! They have poor people to feed... If any food gets stuck, it just gets given to the poor.:cool:

Do I like beards?

I'm Orthodox....NUFF SAID!

I'm Orthodox and I approve of these beards. Now pass it along to the bishops

I bet you beards would do heaps for Catholic/Orthodox relations.

My hubby grew one when he retired. I think it's kind of distinguished.
Cause you have good taste Fantine.:D

I couldn't be a CFR. I can't grow a manly beard like that.

Luckily facial hair continues to develop well into a man's life. This is good news for the beard challenged.

I tend to keep mine short.
Would keep it at stubble length, but for some reason, my beard is hard to see at such short lengths.

Blonde? Luckily in spite of my Swedish genetics, I have a good manly beard.

Beards are quite a manly endeavour!

Only the manliest! Let us grow beards and go convert the peoples!

Upvote 0

Sarcalogos Deus

Welch Ein Mensch!
Jan 1, 2010
Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
✟8,843.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I actually despise beards (not in general just the feel of them on me). Both my grandfathers were military and kept obsessively clean shaven after they left, and that got passed on to my dad and on to me.

In fact I've hardly missed a day shaving since I was 14. Razors are just so expensive anymore though that I was contemplating growing a beard, until I found out my grandfather still had a Trac II handle, so now I use that instead of my beloved Hydro 5.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Blonde? Luckily in spite of my Swedish genetics, I have a good manly beard.
Actually medium brown.
I guess the fact some of my beard seems naturally grey could play a part.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodsGirlToday61

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
✟24,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I actually despise beards (not in general just the feel of them on me). Both my grandfathers were military and kept obsessively clean shaven after they left, and that got passed on to my dad and on to me.

In fact I've hardly missed a day shaving since I was 14. Razors are just so expensive anymore though that I was contemplating growing a beard, until I found out my grandfather still had a Trac II handle, so now I use that instead of my beloved Hydro 5.

Don't like beards 'touch of one', or stubble, yuck. But some men look good in 'em. Still, a choice, gotta choose: No beards, nope, though the monks look naturally beautiful in them.

Carolyn

P.S. My husband will shave if his stubble burns my skin; I've got some kind of allergic thing--even when I get a hair cut, or actually now, my husband clippers my hair? I have to shower right after, so this may have a great deal to do with my preference.

Upvote 0