Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have to be told about Jesus and the Bible and God in order to be a Christian?

Is it dependent on cultural transmission, written word and human contact? Or can Christianity be known inherently in the soul? Can God be known inherently in the soul?

I've come across this in the last few days. I think the following verse says it all:

John 3: 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Notice that before they come to the light, they are already living by truth. So I think when Jesus separates the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the chaff, the criteria will be truthfulness instead of theology.

Hope this helps, looking forward to learning of other people's understanding!

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟832,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is every Christian’s privilege and honor to have the Holy Spirit work through them to allow every human on earth to have the opportunity to experience Christ one on one first hand.

This is the best way and the way God/Christ set it up to be done and it works great when done right. This is also the quickest way if we followed the example Christ gave us (taking maybe 36 years to get to all 6 Billion+ on earth).

Christian is not a title, but a descriptive term so if a person was truly “Christ like”, that person would be a Christian.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 10:13-15
For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"
But you've been told. What are you doing with it?

Upvote 0