United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ehm... Do you have reasons for all this hate and "suspicions"? o_O

Yes, if you don't want honest answers then don't make a thread like this. If you think you need to leave then leave.

You probably like the drama anyways and I guess I'll just feed you some of it because it honestly amuses me at the moment.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, I haven't been around Singles much in the last few months, but it seems to me that somewhere around the time I disappeared you had posted a similar thread about your leaving, for the same reasons - people disliked some of your behavior.

Um - join the club and take your chances? There are a fair few people around CF that don't like me either - and there are others with whom I am friends.

Wherever you go - unless you're a total Chameleon, chances are there will be people that don't like you. So what?

If, however - you can't find anyone to whom you can say "friend" - then maybe it's time to self examine a bit - don't you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No vote, I just make a practice of avoiding people who act like they're looking for trouble. Come in with a chip on both shoulders, I figure it's not worth the hassle.

Add-on: I try to make an effort to get to know someone first before deciding whether I like that person or not. In a case where the person comes in expecting me to "hate", in this case because she's a black woman, my first choice is to cut my losses. I've been in enough situations where the other person determined that because I'm a white man I must be a racist, and once that ball gets rolling it's just not worth the coin to try to do much with it. I don't have the time to play that game. Neither do you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't hate you, but I detest most of your opinions.

Honesty doesn't make something right though.

Hate is such a strong word, but I agree with Touma here... you bug me, just everything about you irritates me; if we're going to be honest here, you appreciate honesty, right?

Now, I'm not going to go out of my way to pick at you or anything, but I'll avoid you and act as though you don't exist; which is nice for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

Marycita

James 4

Submit Yourselves to God

1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You want something but don’t get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think Scripture says without reason that the spirit he caused to live in us envies intensely? 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:

“God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble.”

7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

11 Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

Reactions: Amber.ly
Upvote 0

SplendidTree

Legend
Aug 8, 2009
✟53,000.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Mod Hat On

9sru46.jpg

This thread will remain closed. Please try to keep in mind the Statement of Purpose for this area of the forum.

The Singles forum and its subforums are a place for members who are single and are seeking fellowship, prayer support, encouragement, and discussion of those things associated with being single. You must be single and 18 years or older to participate in this forum. Single members who become married may stay connected with their friends in our new forum The Life Stages Hangout.

A complete set of rules to the forums can be found here: Christian Forums Rules / Terms of Service

Please remember to stick to the rules. Happy posting! :)

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.