Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We're all at a young age. The reason why I became a Christian is because I feared death. It overwhelmed me so much that I looked into the possibility of an afterlife and eventually got saved. Well, often the fear comes back. How can I get over this fear?

remy

Aug 3, 2003
Portsmouth, VA
✟532.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Death is natural. I'll die, you'll die someday, it's an inevitability. Jesus died on the cross for us so not only can we can have freedom from sin, but to know that our names are written in the eternal book of life.

Or is it that you fear getting hit by a bus, choking on a Pilsbury Roll, or dying alone?

Upvote 0

ummidrinkcherrycoke

cool like fonzie
Oct 12, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
✟783.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think that I'm afraid of death. I'd actually like to think that I'm almost excited for it. Getting out of here sounds pretty good to me. But I think that it's hard to have a real strong idea of how you truly look at death untill you face it for yourself.

Reactions: Redstiletto
Upvote 0
I

InTheFlame

Maybe get hold of a concordance, and look up death in the bible. Here's a search I did quickly for you in the NIV and Message bibles -

Death in the NT

When we fear death, we don't live life to the full. This I'm sure of. I know God is in control of my life - I've seen several times that he will look after me. Experience is a great way to learn these things as 'heart knowledge'.

I'd suggest reading through some of the things Jesus and the apostles said about death, and praying about them. Ask God to show you what lies at the bottom of your fear, and for Him to help you work through it. Be warned, you'll probably go through a huge trial of some description to learn how to let go! But that's OK. God is with you, he goes before you into the unknown and covers your butt too :)

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I understand the fear of others. But fearing the inevitable is fairly pointless. Focus on the now- I think working on things that you can change will feel far better than contemplating something you cannot.

Perhaps I've craved death for too long to really empathise... Oh, well. I think my advice stands. Someone who wastes his entire life worrying about the end will never add more than a decade or two to it.

Upvote 0
R

Redneck

DailyBlessings said:
I think I understand the fear of others. But fearing the inevitable is fairly pointless. Focus on the now- I think working on things that you can change will feel far better than contemplating something you cannot.

Perhaps I've craved death for too long to really empathise... Oh, well. I think my advice stands. Someone who wastes his entire life worrying about the end will never add more than a decade or two to it.

Actually, I'd say that someone who lives his life worrying about the end with die at a young age of a stroke or something.

Reactions: Redstiletto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

sweethearts

halifaxhoney said:
I don't worry about death. I've accepted death. I just hope that I don't die in a car accident or anything bad.

I fear how I'm going to die...I don't think that will be a very pleasant thing. And I wonder about my loved ones when I die, like who I'll be with. But then I figure God will just take care of that. But like I said before - I'm sort of looking forward to being with my God :p

Upvote 0

Blessed2003

Duck, duck, duck, GOOSE..
Jan 20, 2004
✟1,452.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Saucy said:
We're all at a young age. The reason why I became a Christian is because I feared death. It overwhelmed me so much that I looked into the possibility of an afterlife and eventually got saved. Well, often the fear comes back. How can I get over this fear?

You have nothing to FEAR.....death is inevitable, we all die...no one can really know what awaits us on the other side, but if you have hope that God is Good as He says, then you can rest on that, just Trust Him and know He will guide you when you cross over, as HE cares for us in this life, surely He will care for us as we progress to 'eternity'
I am NOT afraid to die, it's scary something how I view it, I feel as if death would be an honor if done for the right cause, and I hope one day I can die having left something of value behind, instead of fear....Like LOVE....:hug:
Blessings,
B~

:groupray:

Upvote 0

AlabamaMan

A writer changing the world one word at a time.
Jan 7, 2003
Tijuana, Mexico
Visit site
✟45,139.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
When you begin getting more loved ones and friends on the other side, death begins to feel more like a family reunion. I don't fear death, I think of it like this, when I was born there were many people awaiting my arrival and it was a happy time. Now, I have many people awaiting my arrival in a new place, and it will be even happier. We are just strangers here, this is not our home. Sure, death is hard for those left behind, but just imagine what awaits the one who dies, if they are saved.

Reactions: Blessed2003
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank-you all for your advice. This seems to be a feeling that I don't bring on myself. Do you know what I mean? It's almost like when you have a feeling of love for someone and you can't help it. I don't know. I guess a lot of prayer is in order.

Upvote 0

awashinlove

all encompassingly. ~Mitch Hedberg
Mar 17, 2005
Visit site
✟10,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
God did give us a built-in desire to live forever. Think back to Genesis and it's obvious we're made for eternal life. I used to fear death, and sometimes still do, but after seeking an intimate relationship with God that feeling is mostly gone (with the only fear really being leaving my mother behind). I still talk with the Father about my fears almost daily, and knowing he's there and the promises he's given I realize that there's only going to be joy for me when I pass away. I also believe that whatever happens will be, as it was with Naomi, in some way the best for my family. My fears were actually helpful to my spiritual growth; I sought God for his eternal kingdom, and he reached me with his love.

Blessings,
awashinlove

Upvote 0