Takes-izz
✟7,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, and often. I think what we imagine heaven to be is like a grain of sand in vast desert. In other words, I believe we aren't capable of grasping the scope of what it really will be like. Also, I hope we will able to somehow get to see some of the events that have happened in the past, biblical and historical ones, which we've read about. Such as to see the gathering of the animals to go upon the ark. That'd be awesome.

Upvote 0

Mariposa36

Jun 1, 2013
United States
✟15,509.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sometimes, I wonder what it will be like, then I just stop thinking about it because it's far beyond comprehension. No matter what we imagine it to be, it will be far greater just because we have no earthy comparison to analogize what true heaven will be like. Most pictures of heaven (like the ones you see in children's bibles) paint it as this land of oz with golden sidewalks and grassy lawns adorned with flowers -- this is a pretty earthy vision of pure bliss, but at the same time, it's just a mesh of material things we see as delicacies.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,166,194.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Heaven is a land on top of the universe. This land covers the whole top of the universe. It is vast.

Everything is always in a summer setting. It's always sunny out, and most of the area is covered with woods. There are very few man made things in heaven. In heaven, people are unable to feel pain. They think about their loved ones in hell, but they fully understand that their burning is justified, so they do not feel bad about it. It's impossible to feel sad in hell. You are gloriously happy in heaven all the time. Everyone is friendly with each other.

People have homes. Some homes are better than others. The more you served God on earth, the bigger the house you have. Some people are even homeless. These are people who converted just before they died. Even though they are homeless, they are still happy.

People have jobs in heaven. And church services are still held. Some Christians even have the opportunity to walk around a brick wall praising the Lord forever and ever.

Upvote 0

HighwayMan

Aug 7, 2007
✟17,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Atheists often say that heaven is just a fantasy, stemming from a person's fear of death / non-existence and yearning for immortality - and just because you have those wishes doesn't mean there's any truth to heaven.

I can understand that argument, even if I don't agree.

But then, you have to remember that life actually exists outside of America and the western world. This isn't just about 'selfish' desires to go on forever. In a way it is about justice. Think about the billions of children / people around the world who have lived short lives filled with almost nothing but complete misery and pain...and then they die. That's it, for them? Too bad, end of the line, let's move on? Life and the human experience becomes an indefensible tragedy if even one story ends like that, in my humble view, yet alone billions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EnemyOfReason

May 22, 2013
✟9,335.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Atheists often say that heaven is just a fantasy, stemming from a person's fear of death / non-existence and yearning for immortality - and just because you have those wishes doesn't mean there's any truth to heaven.

I can understand that argument, even if I don't agree.

But then, you have to remember that life actually exists outside of America and the western world. This isn't just about 'selfish' desires to go on forever. In a way it is about justice. Think about the billions of children / people around the world who have lived short lives filled with almost nothing but complete misery and pain...and then they die. That's it, for them? Too bad, end of the line, let's move on? Life and the human experience becomes an indefensible tragedy if even one story ends like that, in my humble view, yet alone billions.

Yes but there is evidence for that life, not for heaven ;)

Upvote 0