Do you agree that Christians should obey all 613 commandments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I shouldn't have to point this out but I will.

Since David was Old Covenant he was literally under and held to the law, of course he embraced and loved it. He saw the law as his connection to God. Today under the New Covenant not only has Christ fullfilled and completed the law...the replacement is beautiful and the indwelling Spirit is our connection to God as well as our helper in obeying the 2 commands we have left.

You forgot to point out that David was in the Holy Spirit and spoke of Jesus and the NC. And you forgot to mention that we cannot obey the 2 commandments you cited while disobeying these: "Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet".

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by 11822 Not all Jews went to Hell. Lats not assume we're better than them.
That's your assumption. :wave: I didn't say anything about hell.
Hell is a pretty "hot" topic on CF
I was curious on how the religion of Judaism views it compared to Islam and Christianity. Below is a post from a Jew

http://www.christianforums.com/t7491713-2/#post55490658
Judaism and Hell

I do not believe there is a place of eternal torment and suffering for anybody. I believe that there is a purification for those who require purification. I could also be convinced to believe some people are so wicked they are simply annihilated, but I certainly do not believe they are tormented forever.

Upvote 0

Kaitlin08

Dec 4, 2010
✟8,896.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Kaitlin08

Dec 4, 2010
✟8,896.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
You forgot to point out that David was in the Holy Spirit and spoke of Jesus and the NC. And you forgot to mention that we cannot obey the 2 commandments you cited while disobeying these: "Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet".

2010-05-13-troll0.jpg

Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
John 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father.

I dont see the law as the problem here. The pharisees were not following the law, they were following their father satan and did his deeds which broke the law. Jesus didn't save us so we could keep doing the deeds of Satan, He lightened our load but the law that says thou shall not murder is still the law. Satan is a murderer and we're not to do according to his deeds. The law of thou shall not murder is established.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

ghendricks63

Feb 25, 2011
✟1,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father.

I dont see the law as the problem here. The pharisees were not following the law, they were following their father satan and did his deeds which broke the law. Jesus didn't save us so we could keep doing the deeds of Satan, He lightened our load but the law that says thou shall not murder is still the law. Satan is a murderer and we're not to do according to his deeds. The law of thou shall not murder is established.

Yes do not murder is still the law. But it is NOT because we are bound to the old covenant law but because it is impossible to commit murder and be following the new covenant law...what James referred to as the "royal law of love". This is why Jesus said if we keep these commands we HAVE kept the law.

Upvote 0

Apr 16, 2011
USA
✟6,678.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yes do not murder is still the law. But it is NOT because we are bound to the old covenant law but because it is impossible to commit murder and be following the new covenant law...what James referred to as the "royal law of love". This is why Jesus said if we keep these commands we HAVE kept the law.

All im saying is the NC has laws. Thats all. The law defines Holiness/love and they fulfill the law. Add grace and we have completeness. Grace alone is not complete just like faith without works is dead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

spiritwarrior37

Dec 22, 2006
✟16,096.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We are under Grace, not under the Law. We are not required to follow the Law. It is an impossibel task to do so anyway, other wise they would not have had to pick their perfect lamb to take to the temple to be salughtered. As far as the 10 commandments, did Jesus not condense those into only 2?

God bless

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
We are under Grace, not under the Law. We are not required to follow the Law. It is an impossibel task to do so anyway, other wise they would not have had to pick their perfect lamb to take to the temple to be salughtered. As far as the 10 commandments, did Jesus not condense those into only 2?

God bless

Everybody keeps saying that it is impossible to observe the Instructions that God gave for right living. But not one person has bothered to name even one Law that was difficult to obey. Could someone please do this? Thanks.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

So we're not under the law Rom 6:14 and 15 two verses in a row. We[re delivered from the law Rom 7:6. Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness Rom 10:4. The law was until John LK 16:16. We're to throw the law out Gal 4:30.

Why should we bother with the law?

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

All im saying is the NC has laws. Thats all. The law defines Holiness/love and they fulfill the law. Add grace and we have completeness. Grace alone is not complete just like faith without works is dead.
If that were so why is it that you keep bringing up the 10 Cs? What laws of the NT/NC have you been talking about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
F

from scratch

Everybody keeps saying that it is impossible to observe the Instructions that God gave for right living. But not one person has bothered to name even one Law that was difficult to obey. Could someone please do this? Thanks.
The challenge has been put out to name even one single person who has been successful in 6,000 years. Still haven't seen an answer to it. If it were possible wouldn't there be a successful person except Jesus Who is God.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
The challenge has been put out to name even one single person who has been successful in 6,000 years. Still haven't seen an answer to it. If it were possible wouldn't there be a successful person except Jesus Who is God.

It shouldn't be so hard to name one that is impossible to keep.
You're great at trying to turn the tables, not gonna happen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.