California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That’s a very creative way to interpret the actual reason that Eve disobeyed God and ate from the tree of knowledge, since the stated reason biblically was that she wanted to usurp or possess Gods wisdom even at the cost of disobedience

I think you're taking alot of liberty here.

Where are the references?

However, despite your idea to emphasis the responsibility of Eves sin as though the problem were Adam, God Himself thought Eve had to hold up the blame for her own actions, that’s why He curses her. If your emphasis on Adam was right God would have only cursed the man, yet He curses Eve too.

As the man goes, so goes the family.

The Bible clearly emphasises Eves part to play without any denigration of Adam, even going so far as to compare Adam favourably over Eve with regards to the fall.

And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

Why was Eve deceived?

I can appreciate that man is also cursed, but that’s on account of harkening to Eves voice after the fact that she ate the forbidden fruit, not before.

Why do you keep wanting to separate the two?

Your idea is that women are divorcing men because “her man isn’t His man,” and if men aren’t godly enough women will go elsewhere. That’s a very rosy picture of the fairer sex that I can’t see in either scripture or real life.

Why do you think I'm painting a skewed picture of women?

What would you have me believe about them?

Your problem is that the first woman rejected both a sinless man and God, she literally went under the authority of the serpent and away from God and Adam. So to pretend that modern women want more of the good god stuff from their men sounds really unbiblical and detached from what real women do.

So, your point is that somehow they had divorced prior to Eve eating the fruit?

• Useful
Reactions: Cormack
Upvote 0

Cormack

“I bet you're a real hulk on the internet...”
Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Where are the references?

That’s Genesis 3:6, Eve considered the fruit good to “make one wise,” the same promise that the serpent offered her, to know good and evil and to be “like God” (Genesis 3:5.)

As the man goes, so goes the family.

God actually punishes the serpent first, Eve second and Adam last. The most guilty party being cursed first.

Although you did share that after my point about God cursing Eve, it’s not responding to the fact that God punished Eve. My point was that your emphasis on Adams guilt isn’t a biblical emphasis, it’s diverting from the spearhead of the fall, namely Eves choice to go into business with the serpent and to deny both man and Gods authority over her.

Most of these posts I’ve been replying to are just bad apologetics in favour of the poor choices women make.

Why was Eve deceived?

Well, the Bible says she was deceived due to her desire to have Godlike wisdom. In addition scripture adds the man wasn’t, and as a result men have a kind of point of superiority over women. That’s in 1 Timothy 2:14, although it’s helpful to expand on the whole quote.

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
Why do you think I'm painting a skewed picture of women?

I don’t want to get into assuming on why you do things, but I can explain why I believe it’s a skewed picture of women. Because it’s just not realistic, it’s not reflective of real women, not women in the church or outside of the church.

My earlier point about women in the church battling male headship was an obvious proof against your point, not to even get into the messy situation of unchurched women.

The idea that women divorce because men aren’t godly enough just sounds like the most absurd, demonstrably false attempt at white knighting.

Painting divorce as some kind of noble, spiritual search for the true man of God strikes me as absurd in he extreme.

God hates divorce.

What would you have me believe about them?

Nothing in particular, although it would be better if you didn’t believe in ideas that rob men of power. Your seeming affinity with male headship makes me think you’d rather empower men, but that version of the Fall from grace that you’re sharing feels like a bait and switch.

It’s like you’re empowering men to take on the blame for things that have nothing to do with them, in addition to defending the divorce brigade on the grounds that men just aren’t up to snuff.

It’s a kind of male self mutilation.

So, your point is that somehow they had divorced prior to Eve eating the fruit?

My point is that modern women aren’t divorcing their husbands for the noble goal of finding a more godly man. Eve rejected the authority of her sinless husband and God Himself to be under the power of the serpent.

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Consider also your point about women rebelling or “rightly” resisting authority when there’s no “true authority” present, that’s another get out of jail free card for women behaving badly, not to mention the fact that that’s not true in light of the fall from grace story in Genesis.

Gods authority alone is indisputably true authority, it’s proper unadulterated authority. Eve rebelled nonetheless. She wasn’t rebelling because the garden lacked “true authority,” she was under not just Adams care but Gods too.

Framing Adam for Eves crime as though he were some kind of deficient authority figure isn’t only an unbiblical and anti male assertion, but it’s also blown up by the woman’s rebellious antics committed against God Himself.

There’s nothing “right” or justified about women resisting authority figures in their life, it’s not a “you go girl” or a “slay queen” moment, and men who back them up on these moves often don’t have their best interests at heart.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Your posts are too lengthy for the time I've allotted to CF.

Maybe I'll have time to review them more closely.

What I am picking up on though is over compartmentalization on your part.

Adam and Eve were one unit, so obviously, it stemmed from both, which is demonstrated in the whole first adam/Second Adam thing.

There was already an order of headship prior to the fall, and not because Eve sinned first.

Like I said, you're reading in a bit too much to suit your hardline stance of division of the sexes.

Ironically, the topic is about divorce being a problem, which you agree with.

So, why are you so adamant about placing blame on women?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Talk about overanalyzing something to death. Geez.

Anyway, yes, I want marriage. With all of it's ups and downs, joys and sorrows. All of it.

End of story.

There it is...it's a decision of finality...

In it together [Period Here]

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Your posts are too lengthy for the time I've allotted to CF.

You did ask the questions, @Tone. If you find either the energy or interest to rethink some of your postings I’d be happy to help, although your eager response to Miss Spaulding tips me off that you’re not in the right place for that.

Anyway, yes, I want marriage.

The topic title isn’t “does miss Spaulding want marriage?” It’s do women really want marriage, it’s a corporate question about women taken as a whole. The idea though that Miss Spaulding wants marriage would be more believable if women weren’t so overwhelming dedicated to blowing up their marriages.

I do appreciate the added perspective and there’s only two eyes and one perspective that you can see the world through, however, it’s not “end of story.” You don’t get to decide that.

There it is...it's a decision of finality...

In it together [Period Here]

Cringe! :tearsofjoy: I’m glad Miss Spaulding could settle your views for you, that’s some “male headship” in action.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You did ask the questions, @Tone. If you find either the energy or interest to rethink some of your postings I’d be happy to help, although your eager response to Miss Spaulding tips me off that you’re not in the right place for that.

The topic title isn’t “does miss Spaulding want marriage?” It’s do women really want marriage, it’s a corporate question about women taken as a whole. The idea though that Miss Spaulding wants marriage would be more believable if women weren’t so overwhelming dedicated to blowing up their marriages.

I do appreciate the added perspective and there’s only two eyes and one perspective that you can see the world through, however, it’s not “end of story.” You don’t get to decide that.

Cringe! :tearsofjoy: I’m glad Miss Spaulding could settle your views for you, that’s some “male headship” in action.

Huh...

Why do I imagine your voice as the baby from that show I really don't like...

Family Guy...?

*P.s.

Don't be hatin...

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As a side note...

You're coming off as being that guy that still pretends like he doesn't like girls...

So that they'll be interested in why...and maybe initiate something.

I'm past that school yard stuff. If I like a woman, she'll know quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: Cormack
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Returning to the topic, I’m taking heart in a couple of things. For one it’s good that nobody has gone on to question the numbers, our statistics. They are what they are and having to deal with obtuse posters and messages aimed at subverting the numbers would be very disappointing. Instead everyone agrees with the numbers, just not why the numbers are the way they are.

Though there’s an awful theme of thought in the topic that goes something like “Men are the cause of issues in marriage.” “Men are inappropriate content addicts.” “Men are cheaters.” “Men are adulterers.” “Men are polygamous.” “Men aren’t trustworthy.” “Men are sinners.” The first two pages of replies were dominated by highlighting the wrongness of how males wrestle with their high sex drive.

The theme goes in the other direction too in praise of women. They’re more “emotionally decisive,” more focused on the things of God and whether or not their spouse is showing godly conduct. When wives have finally judged their husbands to be spiritually inadequate, they decide on divorce, divorce in their search for righteousness.

Divorcing your husband in the name of righteousness, or as Tom MacDonald once rapped, “that’s like sleeping with a football team to try and be a virgin.” :tearsofjoy: God hates divorce (Malachi 2:16.)

I’m looking forward to fresh thoughts on the topic.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I’m looking forward to fresh thoughts on the topic

Ha ha, all joking aside,

My point wasn't that men were those things you say, though it's true mankind is spiritual dead apart from Messiah.

My point is that, because of the principle of headship, the fall of the family unit does indeed principally rest on the husband.

And there is a difference between a husband and a single man.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,559.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My point is that, because of the principle of headship, the fall of the family unit does indeed principally rest on the husband.

And there is a difference between a husband and a single man.
I see what you're saying here, I think - since the husband has headship, he has the responsibility of leadership, and when people under the leader behave badly, there is usually going to be something that the leader could have and should have addressed to stop that problem before it becomes a larger problem. The person or people being led are absolutely responsible for their bad conduct, but the leader is also responsible for tolerating the bad conduct. The more either the follower or the leader points the finger, the less productive the arrangement will be. Neither gets a "get out of jail free" card.

• Winner
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0