Do preachers have a higher standard of Christian living than non-teachers ?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In James it says not everyone should be teachers because teachers would be judged stricter what is the difference in the standards for a teacher?
I think that refers to all spiritual leaders/teachers, since they are all teachers, etc, but all it really says is "heavier", or "stricter", etc, and it doesn't give a whole lot more detail than that, etc.

And that's probably because each individual judgement, is individual under the New Covenant, or for all the people who believe in Jesus Christ, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In James it says not everyone should be teachers because teachers would be judged stricter what is the difference in the standards for a teacher?
Luk 12:47 “And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Luk 12:48 “But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A note from Robertson's Word Pictures

Be not many teachers (mē polloi didaskaloi ginesthe).
Prohibition with mē and present middle imperative of ginomai. “Stop becoming many teachers” (so many of you). There is thus a clear complaint that too many of the Jewish Christians were attempting to teach what they did not clearly comprehend. There was a call for wise teachers (Jas_2:13.), not for foolish ones. This soon became an acute question, as one can see in 1 Cor. 12 to chapter 14. They were not all teachers (1Co_12:28.; 1Co_14:26). The teacher is here treated as the wise man (Jas_3:13-18) as he ought to be. The rabbi was the teacher (Mat_23:7.; Joh_1:38; Joh_3:10; Joh_20:16). Teachers occupied an honourable position among the Christians (Eph_4:11; Act_13:1). James counts himself a teacher (we shall receive, Jas_3:1) and this discussion is linked on with Jas_1:19-27. Teachers are necessary, but incompetent and unworthy ones do much harm.
Heavier judgment (meizon krima).
“Greater sentence.” See Mar_12:40; Luk_20:47 for perrisoteron krima (the sentence from the judge, Rom_13:2). The reason is obvious. The pretence of knowledge adds to the teacher’s responsibility and condemnation.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
teachers became necessary like learning to drive in a school of motoring, or school for children, but what you are taught next is when a man, for a man to still require again how to drive, or how to now work, defeats the purpose of teachers and teaching, that they never then were teachers, and that they never taught you anything.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
people should be teachers, yet many teachers understand nothing they are saying and even teaching everyone wrongly. to have need to be taught again i just told about, which defeats the purpose of teachers and teaching, that they never then were teachers, and that they never taught you anything.

james rightly warns all the current teachers in the world right NOW, the jewish teachers are dead 2000 years ago, but the word of god is forever after the heaven and earth are gone. his words will not pass, heaven and earth will pass. then if teachers and all them who are taught by teachers and taught by each other, can see why they should be careful how they hear and every word they dare to speak.

Matthew 1234 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Hebrews 5:
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again
which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

James 3.1My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

James 35 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I believe teachers are anyone who shares God's Word and we are held accountable for our teachings...... My personal belief though is people who teach to more people like preachers who lead the masses of people astray like the plethora of preachers who teach we do not need to obey the Ten Commandments will be judged stricter as we are all judged according to our works. 2 Cor 5:10 Ecc 12:13-14 Rev 22:12

I will give you two illustrations over the same subject- the commandments....

Matthew 5:19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The second illustration...

Jesus condemns the Pharisees for keeping their traditions over the commandments of God- quoting right from the Ten. He said in doing so it is the blind leading the blind and both teacher and student who follow traditions over God's commandments will end up in a ditch

Matthew 15:1 Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, 2 “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”

3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father [a]or mother.’ Thus you have made the [b]commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people [c]draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”
10 When He had called the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear and understand: 11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.”

12 Then His disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”

13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. 14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Luke 24:44
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Has heaven and earth passed? Therefore not everything in the law or prophets has been fulfilled. Jesus has not come and there is still sin and sinners, so not all is fulfilled in the law or prophets therefore not one dot from the law can be removed and why Jesus goes on to say not to break or teach others to break the least of the commandments - which affects our status in heaven Mat 5:19-30
Luke 24:44
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Yup! Still waiting for Jesus Christ to come on the Clouds where His saints will meet Him in the air. 1 John 5:2-3. A few more things need to happen first according to the law and prophets, but we are getting nearer.
Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Lets not forget the greatest commandment to love God with all our hearts and minds. Love is the summary of the law, which does not delete the details We can't love God or neighbor with all our hearts by breaking His commandments. 1 John 5:2-3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 John 15:10

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Has heaven and earth passed? Therefore not everthing in the law and prophets has been fufilled. Jesus has not come and there is still sin and sinners, so not all is fufilled in the law or prophets therefore not one dot from the law can be removed and why Jesus goes on to say not to break or teach others to break the least of the commanments - which affects our status in heaven Mat 5:19-30

Yup! Still waiting for Jesus Christ to come on the Clouds where His saints will meet Him in the air. 1 John 5:2-3. A few more things need to happen first according to the law and prophets, but we are getting nearer.

Lets not forget the greatest commandment to love God with all our hearts and minds. Love is the summary of the law, which does not delete the details We can't love God or neighbor with all our hearts by breaking His commandments. 1 John 5:2-3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 John 15:10
When God asks you why He should let you into Heaven, what is going to be your answer in that very moment?

Because I can 100% guarantee you, He will ask you personally before letting you in.

So what are going to be all of your exact words to Him in that very moment?

And tell us all of them exactly, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When God asks you why He should let you into Heaven, what is going to be your answer in that very moment?

Because I can 100% guarantee you, He will ask you personally before letting you in.

So what are going to be all of your exact words to Him in that very moment?

And tell us all of them exactly, etc.

God Bless.
Because I love You with all of my heart soul and mind, which are demonstrated through my actions. 1 John 5:3 Many say they love Him but do their own thing instead of having faith in what He asks, because He knows what's best for us.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@SabbathBlessings

The only acceptable answer is only "Because Jesus died to make me this or that, even though, or because, I was not this or that", etc.

And the completely incorrect answer would be "Because I was able to make myself this or that by keeping the law", etc.

The former will get you in, but the latter is going to keep you out, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Because I love You with all of my heart soul and mind, which are demonstrated through my actions. 1 John 5:3 Many say they love Him but do their own thing instead of having faith in what He asks, because He knows what's best for us.
We should strive for right living, and behaving, and acting, but if someone cannot do that 100% perfectly before they die, it does not mean they loved God any less, etc.

Not if they did the best they can, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@SabbathBlessings

The only acceptable answer is only "Because Jesus died to make me this or that, even though, or because, I was not this or that", etc.

And the completely incorrect answer would be "Because I was able to make myself this or that by keeping the law", etc.

The former will get you in, but the latter is going to keep you out, etc.

God Bless.
Jesus died so we can go to Him for forgiveness of our sins and sanctification Pro 28:13 John 14:15-18, yet people don't take Him up on His free gift. We are saved by Jesus blood through faith . Those with faith live differently than those without.

These are the Words of Jesus- you will have to take it up with Him.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ (believers) shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many (the majority) will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

If Jesus doesn't know us, how will we enter into His kingdom?

1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God [a]is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

We need a love that transforms us to the character of Christ and in doing so, His holy law will be kept, which is the same faith of Jesus who kept all the commandments through love to His Father and we need to do the same. John 15:10 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Exo 20:6

Rev 22:14 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

We are not saved by law keeping we are saved by the blood of Christ, we keep God's law as a result of our love and faith to Him. Anyone can say Lord Lord, but not everyone takes on the character of Christ, submitting to His will, living differently than the lost. Rev 14:12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There are also very, very many, who also really, really do, still very, very much love Him, but cannot obey the law 100% perfectly, or fully meet up to all it's full perfect expectations before they die.

And you are showing that you have absolutely no love or compassion for those people that you know exist, etc.

Which is breaking the commandment to love your neighbor.

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus died so we can go to Him for forgiveness of our sins and sanctification Pro 28:13 John 14:15-18, yet people don't take Him up on His free gift. We are saved by faith. Those with faith live differently than those without.

These are the Words of Jesus- you will have to take it up with Him.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ (believers) shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many (the majority) will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

If Jesus doesn't know us, how will we enter into His kingdom?

1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God [a]is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

We need a love that transforms us to the character of Christ and in doing so, His holy law will be kept.

Rev 22:14 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
You are only using the scriptures you want to use, while ignoring a while host of others, and I'm not going to play that game with you, because you already know there are others, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are only using the scriptures you want to use, while ignoring a while host of others, and I'm not going to play that game with you, because you already know there are others, etc.

God Bless.
There is no game, scripture doesn't delete scripture, and no scripture deletes the very Words of Jesus Christ who cannot lie.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Because I love You with all of my heart soul and mind, which are demonstrated through my actions.
So your answer is not going to have anything at all with Jesus having died for you, or your sins, or the fact that you are still a sinner in need of His mercy/grace/love/forgiveness, etc.

But your answer is going to be because proved your love for Him by your own ability to keep the commandments?

You think He's going to accept that answer?

God Bless.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are also very, very many, who also really, really do, still very, very much love Him, but cannot obey the law 100% perfectly, or fully meet up to all it's full perfect expectations before they die.

And you are showing that you have absolutely no love or compassion for those people that you know exist, etc.

Which is breaking the commandment to love your neighbor.

God Bless.
I think you misunderstand the purpose of the law. All it does is reveal our sins Romans 3:20 you take away the law, all we do is cover our sins and therefore can't go to Jesus for repentance and to forsake sin and in doing so we can't receive His mercy and grace. Pro 28:13 Doing away with the law is not the answer as Jesus does not save us in sin, He saves us from sin Mat 1:21

Jesus doesn't make us obey Him alone, He will help us but it requires our cooperation John 14:15-18 if we stumble and fall along the way we have an Advocate in Jesus we can turn to for forgiveness 1 John 1:9 but I believe God is more powerful to keep us from sin, than the devil is to keep us in sin, but sadly many people think the devil is more powerful than God.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There is no game, scripture doesn't delete scripture, and no scripture deletes the very Words of Jesus Christ who cannot lie.
No, you are playing a game, because you already know the other scriptures that I am talking about, etc.

And I'm not going to play that game with you.

God Bless.

Upvote 0