1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do I have Carpel Tunnel Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Chronic Pain & Arthritis' started by CounselorForChrist, Feb 12, 2012.

1. CounselorForChrist

CounselorForChrist Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    I realize this isn't a medical forum and will still ask my doctor. But I still want to ask. I am a 30 year old make who is a big technology user, so therefor I use my hands alot on keyboards, mice, video game controllers...etc

Well this morning I woke up and am in some incrediblely intense sharp pain on my right hand. It feels like its coming from my thumb and pointing finger. The pain is so bad I am wincing however at the same time its almost numbing and the tips of my other fingers are freezing on that hand. Theres a slight pain radiating from the source and almost across my hand and down my to my wrist a bit.

Is this CTS? How do I fix this? I put some Aspercream stuff on it and it barley helped. Would a warm rag help or an ice pack? Thanks.

2. CounselorForChrist

CounselorForChrist Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    Update, I am home from church and notice the pain ins't as bad. However when I went to pick up a coffee mug I instantly dropped it. I felt a weird numb and yet painful thing.

3. Catherineanne

Catherineanne Well-Known Member

Marital Status:
    Widow/Widower
    Faith:
    Anglican
    I think the only person who could really help would be a doctor. Sorry not to be more helpful, x.

4. pumanator

pumanator Veteran

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    They will do a hands on check and then order an electro stem test to check condutivity of the nerves and it is quite conclusive. I will be having surgery for it asap. Mine really flared up after going back to my guitar and if I don't do the surgery I will experience permanent nerve damage....get it check asap and do exactly what the PT tells you to do as to home exercises.
    Good luck and Lord bless