1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do I have Carpel Tunnel Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Chronic Pain & Arthritis' started by CounselorForChrist, Feb 12, 2012.

1. CounselorForChrist

CounselorForChrist Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Christian
    I realize this isn't a medical forum and will still ask my doctor. But I still want to ask. I am a 30 year old make who is a big technology user, so therefor I use my hands alot on keyboards, mice, video game controllers...etc

Well this morning I woke up and am in some incrediblely intense sharp pain on my right hand. It feels like its coming from my thumb and pointing finger. The pain is so bad I am wincing however at the same time its almost numbing and the tips of my other fingers are freezing on that hand. Theres a slight pain radiating from the source and almost across my hand and down my to my wrist a bit.

Is this CTS? How do I fix this? I put some Aspercream stuff on it and it barley helped. Would a warm rag help or an ice pack? Thanks.

2. CounselorForChrist

CounselorForChrist Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Christian
    Update, I am home from church and notice the pain ins't as bad. However when I went to pick up a coffee mug I instantly dropped it. I felt a weird numb and yet painful thing.

3. Catherineanne

Catherineanne Writer of pictures.

Faith:
    Anglican
    I think the only person who could really help would be a doctor. Sorry not to be more helpful, x.

4. pumanator

pumanator Veteran

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    They will do a hands on check and then order an electro stem test to check condutivity of the nerves and it is quite conclusive. I will be having surgery for it asap. Mine really flared up after going back to my guitar and if I don't do the surgery I will experience permanent nerve damage....get it check asap and do exactly what the PT tells you to do as to home exercises.
    Good luck and Lord bless