Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The 'Bible in a Year' priest explains whether he thinks there might be aliens out there -- and makes a crucial observation.​

In late July, the US government released a new report on “unidentified aerial phenomena” (UAP) – formerly known as unidentified flying objects, or UFOs – which has naturally raised the question of alien activity. After all, what could possibly be flying these UAP around if not some otherworldly, non-human being?

While the government report did not provide any conclusive proof of extraterrestrial life, it did state that the government had recovered “non-human” biotics from UAP crash sites, which has spurred the imaginations of the public, who question what the report might mean for the future.

For Catholics, however, the questions were not “What do they look like?” but rather, “Did God make them?”

Continued below.

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,789.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
After reading the linked article, the report doesn't give much evidence of UFO's or advanced technology by other nations.

The report examined 144 reports of what the government terms “unidentified aerial phenomenon” — only one of which investigators were able to explain by the end of the study. Investigators found no evidence that the sightings represented either extraterrestrial life or a major technological advancement by a foreign adversary like Russia or China, but acknowledge that is a possible explanation.
Then there's the suspicion of other military activity.
Worryingly for national security professionals, the report also found that the sightings were “clustered” around US training and testing grounds. But investigators downplayed those concerns, assessing that “this may result from a collection bias as a result of focused attention, greater numbers of latest-generation sensors operating in those areas, unit expectations and guidance to report anomalies.”

For all we know they could be latest generation US UFO's kept secret even from their own pilots. Who knew about the U2 plane until one was shot down over Russia?

I'll wait till one of them actually lands, and some green antlered geek with the build of a straw man walks down the platform to tell us earth is going to be demolished to make way for a new super galactic wormhole highway. The Inter-Galactic Union is willing to pay a nominal fee as compensation but you will only have a week to spend it as the planet will be vaporised at 4.43pm on Friday 7th September 2023.

Then he walks back up the platform, the door slams shut and the UFO takes off with a loud popping sound.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

The 'Bible in a Year' priest explains whether he thinks there might be aliens out there -- and makes a crucial observation.​

In late July, the US government released a new report on “unidentified aerial phenomena” (UAP) – formerly known as unidentified flying objects, or UFOs – which has naturally raised the question of alien activity. After all, what could possibly be flying these UAP around if not some otherworldly, non-human being?

While the government report did not provide any conclusive proof of extraterrestrial life, it did state that the government had recovered “non-human” biotics from UAP crash sites, which has spurred the imaginations of the public, who question what the report might mean for the future.

For Catholics, however, the questions were not “What do they look like?” but rather, “Did God make them?”

Continued below.
I obtained a book from my local Christian second hand book store, entitled: "Alien Intrusion, UFOs and the Evolution Connection", Gary Bates, (2004) Ceation Book Publishers.

My mother was a UFO researcher and when I was young, I read every book on UFOs on her bookcase. This book is by far the best, well researched book that deals with all aspects of UFO, the science of space travel, existence of aliens, the hoaxes, and misreporting, as well as the occurrences that have been real and unexplained. It has 408 pages plus index. I am about halfway through it, so I haven't yet got to its final conclusion chapter. But what I have read already has really impressed me, and I would recommend it to anyone who seriously wants to find out more about UFOs.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Continued below.
I've disagreed with Father Mike a few times in te past, but very few. He pretty much always has his opinions sorted out before he opens his mouth. Much respect.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have no doubt that intelligent life exists in parts of our universe and outside of our universe.

If they make it here, they are way above us in intelligence and hopefully will not treat us badly.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no doubt that intelligent life exists in parts of our universe and outside of our universe.
Barring angels, what leads you to believe that? Other than "the universe is soooooo big!", which is simply silly.
If they make it here, they are way above us in intelligence
Maybe they're just magic.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Barring angels, what leads you to believe that? Other than "the universe is soooooo big!", which is simply silly.

Maybe they're just magic.
The size of the universe is all that makes me believe that there is intelligent life elsewhere.

Are you trying to be funny, or just mock me? No such thing as magic.

Upvote 0