✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Dmagoh's thread.

Quote:
Dmagoh:
At a young age, boys that develop same sex desires typically viewed themselves negatively when comparing themselves to peers as they were growing up. These boys begin to greatly admire, even idolize, those males they see as being "real men". This trait is more prevelant than any other trait of homosexual men - that when they were growing up, they viewed themselves as less than their peers.
…
it's how you viewed yourself in comparison to peers
…
As adults, gay men can become very self-assured and confident - but it doesnt matter how you feel and think about yourself as an adult; what causes same sex desires is how you compared yourself to peers growing up.

Dmagho, hope you do not mind me starting a thread quoting you, but because the thread you started, that the above quote is from, was a question directed specifically towards another group, I did not feel it right for me to post there, but I had some very strong feeling about the above quote and feel the need to add my take on it,.

First, I completely agree that in many cases an inferiority complex, as you state, is probably a major root cause behind many developing a confused sexual orientation. Not the only cause, but a main one.

Second, that is one of the scarriest and most horrible causes for homosexuality I have ever read.

Let me explain why I feel that way:

A person who feels inferior to another is going to deveope certain very uncharitable and resentful feelings towards others that include hate, jealousy, and revenge.

There is no way that one can feel inferior to their peers without a major sense of resentment: everyone is better than you are, no matter what.

I do not know how this would translate into a homosexual desire or orientation unless the goal is to dominate or to take something from another that one feels they can never obtain on their own.

Also, in no way, if this is the reason that a person becomes a homosexual=

negative self esteem = inferiority complex = resentment +envy + revenge = homosexual orientation = NORMAL esteemed adult.

There is just no way. I truely pray for the peace of those with such afflictions.​