Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Most Christian women would not marry a divorced man, unless they were divorced themselves. I know a lot of women who take Holiness & Sanctification serious. Sometimes they have long dresses and long hair as a public statement. Sometimes they keep it to themselves. Older women are to teach young women to be chaste. (Titus 2:3-5) My wife jokes about: untouched and unspoiled.

I am actually surprised at how many women do not remarry if their husband dies. They may have a boyfriend, but the ones I know tend to stay single. At least in the group we are a part of.

This is why I believe I have no choice but to open my dating pool to include nonbelievers. I'm not going to stand for being treated like a leper in the dating world simply because I was once divorced. While I'm not normally one to say "do as I say, not as I do", I'm afraid this is one of those cases where I must.

Come to think of it, I actually would prefer to date a woman who wears short skirts and halter tops instead of long dresses. That's just me, though. The whole "modesty culture" thing just isn't for me.

Edit: Don't get me wrong - I'm not one to pursue the ways of the World (1 John 2:15), in fact, there isn't much love in the World these days. You can be a spirit-filled Christian while having a lifestyle that looks very different than that of most believers. But you cannot be one and have a lifestyle characterized by sin.

I have been estranged from the Church in general ever since my excommunication two years ago. That estrangement will last only as long as it needs to. I will be trying a new assembly soon, so Lord Willing, the end of that estrangement may be fast approaching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mandi1

Jul 2, 2004
✟4,806.00
Faith
Christian
Actually, this text is grossly unbiblical. It is typical nonsense stemming from the marriage permanence heresy. Like many who promote this heresy, the authors make wild claims that cannot be substantiated in Scripture.

False teachings that deny the Lord or make light of sin are easy to spot. But heresies that impose substantial burdens on people in the name of "holiness" or "carrying one's cross" or some other similar language take more practice to detect. The marriage permanence heresy is one of the most destructive and blasphemous heresies in our churches today. A heresy that persisted for 1,500 years in the church is still heresy.

The authors - in their vast wisdom - even called their teaching "Difficult But Biblical Truth" in a heading. It is not biblical and it is not truth. It is heresy - and can be proven as such fairly easily.

The Lord calls on us to honor our marital vows, and part of that means you don't just dump your spouse for some trivial cause. But if there is some compelling cause for divorce, then marriage is not a suicide pact. It is blasphemous and brain-dead to even suggest that Jesus taught that domestic violence, drug use, or attempted murder are not just causes for divorce.
What a very unbiblical post, truly a joke.

Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
What a very unbiblical post, truly a joke.

What part did you find unbiblical? Anybody can say "that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard" or something like that, but most people over the age of, say 12, would not mistake that for substance or reasoned discourse.

Just so we are on the same page, the Marriage Permanence Heresy is NOT the ideal that marriages last a lifetime. I myself would affirm that no marriage should be terminated via divorce or dissolution without some compelling reason to do so - usually a material breach in the terms of the marital covenant. In fact, if it were legit to dump your spouse for any reason or no reason at all, then marriage as we know it might as well not even exist.

The Marriage Permanence Heresy is the notion that Jesus did away with divorce even for serious causes. This heresy holds that the marital relationship continues to exist in God's eyes even after divorce. I call it "heresy" because it is just that. I can elaborate in another thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0