Celestial City
✟47,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have previously suffered persecution for my refusal to participate in eisegesis (though they call it exegesis, I contend that the Scripture does not require explanation because its purpose is explanation), but I was advised that I may post in my style in this forum.

Haggai 1:2“Thus says the Lord of hosts: These people say the time has not yet come to rebuild the house of the Lord.” 3 Then the word of the Lord came by the hand of Haggai the prophet, 4 “Is it a time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses, while this house lies in ruins? 5 Now, therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways. 6 You have sown much, and harvested little. You eat, but you never have enough; you drink, but you never have your fill. You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm. And he who earns wages does so to put them into a bag with holes.

7 “Thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways. 8 Go up to the hills and bring wood and build the house, that I may take pleasure in it and that I may be glorified, says the Lord. 9 You looked for much, and behold, it came to little. And when you brought it home, I blew it away. Why? declares the Lord of hosts. Because of my house that lies in ruins, while each of you busies himself with his own house. 10 Therefore the heavens above you have withheld the dew, and the earth has withheld its produce. 11 And I have called for a drought on the land and the hills, on the grain, the new wine, the oil, on what the ground brings forth, on man and beast, and on all their labors.”

Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have previously suffered persecution for my refusal to participate in eisegesis (though they call it exegesis, I contend that the Scripture does not require explanation because its purpose is explanation), but I was advised that I may post in my style in this forum.
But right here you have given a statement which is not a direct quote of scripture! If scripture speaks for itself with no eisegesis needed, then you need not make your statement that no eisegesis is needed, I would offer :)

Even so, I will offer scripture alone to answer to your quotes of scripture in your first post.

You have sown much, and harvested little. You eat, but you never have enough; you drink, but you never have your fill. You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm. And he who earns wages does so to put them into a bag with holes.

You looked for much, and behold, it came to little. And when you brought it home, I blew it away. Why? declares the Lord of hosts. Because of my house that lies in ruins, while each of you busies himself with his own house.
"Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit" (in Zechariah 4:6)

"without Me you can do nothing" (in John 15:5)

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves;
but our sufficiency is from God,"
(2 Corinthians 3:5)

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom." (James 3:13)

"I am meek and lowly in heart" (in Matthew 11:29)

"Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God" (in 1 Corinthians 1:24)

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

"Let all that you do be done with love." (1 Corinthians 16:14)

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

"Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus." (Colossians 1:29)

"For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." (Romans 8:29)

"To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily." (Colossians 1:29)

"Therefore submit to God." (in James 4:7)

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness,
"the kingdom of God is within you." (in Luke 17:21)

"the kingdom of God is not in word but in power." (in 1 Corinthians 4:20)

"you became examples" (in 1 Thessalonians 1:7)

"But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children." (1 Thessalonians 2:7)

"when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe." (in 1 Thessalonians 2:13)

Upvote 0