• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dissociative Identity Disorder

Pegasusangel

Looking for Gods Love
Apr 1, 2013
On My knees
✟7,643.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder in March of last year. I am still struggling with it and I just wish people would understand it for what it is. No one knows what to do with it and there is not medicine to fix it. It's basically just being in therapy the rest of my life. My counselor is wanting me to go to a hospital called River Oaks in New Orleans because it specializes in this disorder.

I understand this is a coping technique God gave everyone in order to help them survive, but it seems so odd that God would let it get out of control this much.

Several people believe that it is demons, I know it is not. So please don't tell me it is demons or I will ignore your post. Also be aware that I have been constantly praying about it and not getting anywhere. I have a few insiders who really don't believe in God, I am Saved, but I am still trying to figure out a lot.

Will all 23 of us have to be saved in order for all of me to go to heaven?

Is this world really a reality?

Why me?

So many unanswered questions. Please keep me in your prayers.:groupray: