Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've had it with Disney. I think they are getting into the horror movie business. I watched Jungle Cruise last night, it was disgusting. The only thing I liked was the tree with the 'tears of the moon.' which bloomed very breifly with pretty flowers, reminded me of the tree of life in the bible. It did have garden of Eden themes, with all the scary snakes, it had way too many snakes in it, I hate snakes. It had a gay character, cursed undead conquistador soldiers, a man who claimed he wanted to heal sick daughter, yet violently attacked and tried to kill the natives who had helped and healed them, who became a cursed villain whose body was petrified and filled with snakes and soul tortured, That is demonic/Satanic. I wonder if God will punish the wicked that way in hell. The female scientist in the movie wears pants, which shocks some of the people in the early 20th century the movie takes place in. She has a man's place as a scientist and adventurer. The female scientists steals an object needed in her quest, stealing is a sin and a crime, it is not right, other Disney movies have heroes that steal in them, this is not what we want to teach our children.

I've seen other Disney movies with snakes, A lot of Disney movies have 'spirits' in them, sometimes the spirits are supposedly 'good' but there are a lot of evil ones, usually they don't use the name Satan. But they are very careful not to use God's name, and the name of Jesus Christ. In Frozen they have magic, and there is revenge, hitting, slapping. Disney movies have become violent.

These days, you can't expect a Disney movie to be appropriate for children, innocent or wholesome. They are as trashy and demonic as other movies. I guess since most kids don't go to church or read the Bible they don't know about Eden or the tree of life, or the tree of knowledge of good and evil, or Satan the old serpent who deceives the whole world.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I don't think Jungle Cruise is a horror film.
The female scientist in the movie wears pants, which shocks some of the people in the early 20th century the movie takes place in. She has a man's place as a scientist and adventurer.
Oh dear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Oh dear.
Disney bringing you evil witches with poisoned apples and women living with seven men since 1937. (Corrected this with evil witches with poisoned apples)

1696269126897.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Oh dear.
It sure seemed like a horror movie with all the nasty snakes, bees, wasps, nasty animals. I don't think there's anything wrong with women wearing pants and being a scientists and going on adventures, but her brother is gay, and that's a sin. Women wore pants in different cultures, like in the middle east there were belly dancers, Middle eastern women wore harem pants underneath their dresses, Chinese, other Aisian women wore pants, they were usually baggy. Strict religious people in the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's were worried about women revealing the shape of their legs. THey complained about miniskirts and shorts too. A lot of Christians are also against bare midriffs, revealing the belly, but most think its ok in a swimsuit, as long as it's not too revealing, like a string bikini. I like tankinis, because its hard to go to the bathroom in a one-piece, sometimes one-piece swimsuit can be too revealing as well, two pieces are easier to wear.

As for being a scientist, the Bible has nothing against women studying and learning along with men. Women did go exploring as missionaries, sometimes with their husbands, sometimes alone, or sometimes with a family group or friends.

Upvote 0