marduke

I am Me ;)
Feb 10, 2004
✟20,243.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
i defrag every month, as i do alot of file transferring it gets cluttered and slows down. so a monthly clean up is a good thing. but i dont use the microsoft defrag software, i use norton systemworks which has defrag software, i must say that from my experience it works much better than the M$ version.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The frequency of defragmenting your computer should depend on how heavily the computer is used. If it is only used a few times a week then once every month or two should be fine. If it is used every day and for hours a day I'd recommend defragmenting it once a week. However, I am a heavy user of my computer and I don't hardly ever have to defragment it because I don't add/remove programs and move files around a lot. I mostly just browse the web which doesn't cause much fragmentation. However, on average, I'd recommend defragmenting your hard drive once a month. Defragmentation is not harmful to your hard drive and in fact is good for it. If your hard drive becomes heavily fragmented you can expect a dramatic slowdown and possible hard drive crashes.

Upvote 0