Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Just venting: my ex wife allowed my 17 year old daughter to go to a concert with he boy friend today. The groups lyrics are so vulgar and pure inappropriate contento filth . I couldn't say them and I worked in construction for 33yrs she also let her tatoo a pagen idol on her side. She has my daughter at home and trys to keep her from me. Urguuuh!!!

Aeneas

Oct 22, 2011
✟1,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Just venting: my ex wife allowed my 17 year old daughter to go to a concert with he boy friend today. The groups lyrics are so vulgar and pure inappropriate contento filth . I couldn't say them and I worked in construction for 33yrs she also let her tatoo a pagen idol on her side. She has my daughter at home and trys to keep her from me. Urguuuh!!!

Well, the girl is less than a year from being an adult, and your ex-wife apparently has custody... sooo...

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Try not to badmouth the childs Mother to her (She is likely to become more defensive if you do)

Try to demonstrate the way she "should go" based on love rather than spout a bunch of "do-do this and don't do that" that you can not enforce as a single Father.

Keep being a good Dad and keep the lines of communication open, there will come a time
She will return to the values you instill in her. She's alomost grown and will be leaving the nest soon enough-just make sure you leave a door open she can walk through. I know it's frustrating, but reason may appeal to her. I assure you her taste in music will change (the tatoo can be removed later-or if/when she comes to regret it; used as an example of why perhaps one should be more careful in making decisions that will affect her later).

It's not the end of the world, things could be worse-(You could be a grandfather with a layabout for a son-n-law). Children will stray; that's their job to break-away, It's our job to help them when they return. It ain't easy, but it will be worth it.

Upvote 0

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Father God, I ask that You bring your Son's light into the life of this precious daughter and reveal the truth about what seems enticing but is actually shoddy and cheap when exposed to the Truth. Give her a desire to know You and to be wooed by You. Father, I ask that You call her and guide her to your path. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Isaiah 9:2
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.

Isaiah 43:4-8
Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth- everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." Lead out those who have eyes but are blind, who have ears but are deaf.

Jeremiah 24:7
I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all. My flesh controls my fingers some times. I don't bad mouth her mother. But it is hard to take because the peirceing and tatoo require a parents signifies. Her mother always claimed salvation and said she would not condon such things. I set in church alone for 2 years she would not go. So is she bastardizing my child to hurt me? What kind of person would do that Sarah turned 17 in October. If I try to correct her she plays the Hippocrates game. I know God is faith full and this will pass and he will be glorified in all. But I must control my flesh each time I let it go it simply delays what god has already done. God bless

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
the good news is that both the piercing and the tatoos are outside things and they can be changed. be more concerned with what is happening to her on the inside, and pray for that.:thumbsup:

ps. and yes, we have members in our church who have come to Christ after the tats, the drugs, the beer, etc.
they are great witnesses for Christ because they never forget what He saved them from.

Upvote 0

fosterjonnie

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
✟7,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Parts of being a child, I guess, try to talk to her in a nice way. I suggest you pay some attention to her, as you said she’s in her mother custody. Have a quality time to bond and make a father-daughter conversation. Avoid scolding to her ‘coz she might take it not the way you want to say it.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Dkb theirs nothing wrong with them as a adult making choices. But she turned seventeen in OCT. Lord knows at that age what I would have put on my back and thought how cool. The tat she has is pagen in legend I don't care what kids say it means. Simply put its a pagen Idol no matter how much lipstick is put on a pig that ta too is still a pig. Their comes a point parents need to stand on the word even if the kids disagree. I detest legalism as well but I cannot condone idolatry intended or not .As far as periceing goes, I have been a flooring instlaller for 33 years and have had way to many to do them for decor. God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jn1010

ChWriter
Nov 23, 2011
✟15,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have one constellation. You're daughter will soon be 18. I believe she is legally an adult then. At that point, your ex wife can no longer keep her from you, unless your daughter still follows your wife's life style. If she doesn't, then you can appeal directly to your daughter and see if she would fellowship with you.

Reactions: dkbwarrior
Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dkb theirs nothing wrong with them as a adult making choices. But she turned seventeen in OCT. Lord knows at that age what I would have put on my back and thought how cool. The tat she has is pagen in legend I don't care what kids say it means. Simply put its a pagen Idol no matter how much lipstick is put on a pig that ta too is still a pig. Their comes a point parents need to stand on the word even if the kids disagree. I detest legalism as well but I cannot condone idolatry intended or not .As far as periceing goes, I have been a flooring instlaller for 33 years and have had way to many to do them for decor. God bless

Good answer friend. I was just being funny, tongue in cheek kinda. It doesn't always come across quite right in a forum/print setting. My apologies. I agree with you 100%. (I am a contractor and have had some unexpected peircings myself! lol.)

Peace...

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the good news
is that both the piercing and the tatoos are outside things and they can be changed.
be more concerned with what is happening to her on the inside, and pray for that.:thumbsup:

ps. and yes, we have members in our church who have come to Christ after the tats, the drugs, the beer, etc.
they are great witnesses for Christ because they never forget what He saved them from.
My thoughts Exactly too :thumbsup:

Upvote 0