Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Does anyone watch this show? Why does Rabbi Schneider make a hand gesture when he makes a point or closes out a show. I find it kind of creepy and I don't understand it.
Are you speaking of this gesture?
11377.jpg

2Q==

This represents the Hebrew letter Shin (ש), which has three upward strokes similar to the position of the thumb and fingers in the sign. The letter Shin here stands for El Shaddai, meaning "Almighty (God)"

Last edited:
Reactions: amaryga
Upvote 0

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Rachel isn't it a little creepy LOL? It seems like he is trying to brainwash us or hypnotize us. I am not a fan of that hand gesture!!
I used to watch him whenever he was on, but I don't very often anymore. His speech pattern makes me nervous and he's very repetitive - he never seems to move forward. But the main issue I have with him is that he just seems to be mainstream evangelical in his teachings.

As far as the hand gesture - I don't find it creepy - I assume it's meant to symbolize the Holy Spirit - but I don't think it adds anything to his teaching.

I do love the theme to his show, though - Joshua James "As the Deer." :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Could be but he should say that and I see no biblical explanation for a blessing in that sense. He could symbolically lay his hands on his viewers to pray for them.

It would be nice to know exactly why he does it.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, yes...and he blows out air. I don't know what that's about.

He believes that him having the Holy Spirit this gesture symbolizes him willing that the Lord would anoint all his hearers...willing that they all would receive the spirit of God...

That is what a friend told me...

Upvote 0

algernon22

Apr 22, 2016
buffalo ny
✟7,628.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone watch this show? Why does Rabbi Schneider make a hand gesture when he makes a point or closes out a show. I find it kind of creepy and I don't understand it.

I noticed that as well, kind of like on The Apprentice when Trump would say, "You're fired!" and then give that cobra hand gesture. I also find it a little unsettling, especially nowadays with all of the illuminati influence out there and all of the hand gestures they use...it definitely makes you wonder. I sent them an email on their website asking about it but never got a reply, so for me, that was a red flag right there - their unwillingness to even talk about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is so strange, perhaps Providence, but I just got through watching that show and never have before a few minutes ago.

It was on the 'Word' channel which I've never watched before. I too found he sounded like a WOF, charismatic type preacher
didn't sound much Messianic to me. He sounded as if he went to Evangelical churches when he first believed and except for
the tallit would seem like every other one out there.

I saw that hand gesture spoken of and he also did the Aaronic Blessing at the end which was a bit strange sounding.
I found the website and saw the picture of him doing it there.
RabbiPhoto.jpg

Found some interesting remarks about this 'ministry' here too.

One part of one comment said:

But, what really caught my attention is in his latest broadcasts, at the conclusion, he bends to one knee and projects his right hand forward, giving some kind of cultic sign, a hand gesture if you will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

algernon22

Apr 22, 2016
buffalo ny
✟7,628.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

and the fact that he does it in kind of a screwing motion seems a little weird too... like, what's THAT symbolizing?

Upvote 0

George Spencer

NMPuma1
Apr 25, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
✟7,765.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I found this on the Discovering the Jewish Jesus website in the FAQ section:

What does it mean when you stretch out your arm towards us on television?

It is a symbol of the Word of God that is sharper than a two edged sword and proceeds out of the mouth of Jesus.

• “For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12
  • “In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength.” Revelation 1:16

Upvote 0