• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Discouraged Right Now

Just Me Garry

Feb 5, 2005
Arkansas
✟1,625.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am thinking about totally leaving this site. There are some good Christian people here but there are some that have a little power to control the forums because they resist the truth. I feel much like a young man I tried to help on this site a long time ago.

I guess it is time to move on and I may be giving out some of my blessings to people.

Really discouraged right now. maybe i stick a gun to my head!:(:(

bethdinsmore

Veteran
Jun 21, 2005
Hawaii
Visit site
✟17,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Were you joking about the "gun to the head" bit? Hope you were. If not, here's a site you might want to check out about who to contact, etc.
http://depression.about.com/od/suicideprevent/

I am not sure what problem you are referring to of course, but I hope you re-think any decision about leaving - even if you only limit yourself to pming the people you like. There are a lot of fine people in here. (Unless I think the Lord is leading otherwise, I avoid the rooms like discussion and debate - have received some pretty rough comments there). Please feel free to pm me any time.

Don't give up, friend. God has great plans for each of us. Sometimes it just doesn't seem like it. (put your cursor over my CF character to see what I mean)

Aloha in Jesus

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just me garry,

i would hope that this site would not want you to put a gun to your head? No site should....is it more than that, because i have 2 ears and would be more than happy to listen. so please let us know how you are doing and if you wouldn't mind some more of your feelings.....hey i have BIG problems in my life and would never ever pick up a gun...so i hope it was a figure of speech or just how you were feeling at that moment, but i am here for you if you need to talk, or you can pm if you would rather, and u will be in my prayers because i care..
Denise

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We all like to have people agree with us. The trouble is, so does everyone else want us to agree with them.

It is really important that I learn to differ without abandoning my convictions, that I remind myself that I might actually be wrong and most importantly, that God probably hasn't given up on loving them.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Just Me Garry

Feb 5, 2005
Arkansas
✟1,625.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Some of the forum mods abuse their power on this site. I have tried to speak the truth. Truth is not controversial but it does prick the heart.

I will make this short. I spoke up and AGAINST homosexualtiy because it is abomination to the Lord. Nothing controversial about that. I fear that there are people on site wearing a pharasee mask.

Jesus said not everyone who saith Lord, Lord unto me will enter the kingdom of heaven.

So I get these private messages (only one will agree on that I may have been out of place on) that I am getting a warning for speaking the truth.

I guess the pharasees did the same thing unto Jesus Christ Of Nazereth.

:scratch:

Upvote 0

Just Me Garry

Feb 5, 2005
Arkansas
✟1,625.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
blessedmomof5 said:
Just me garry,

i would hope that this site would not want you to put a gun to your head? No site should....is it more than that, because i have 2 ears and would be more than happy to listen. so please let us know how you are doing and if you wouldn't mind some more of your feelings.....hey i have BIG problems in my life and would never ever pick up a gun...so i hope it was a figure of speech or just how you were feeling at that moment, but i am here for you if you need to talk, or you can pm if you would rather, and u will be in my prayers because i care..
Denise

Thank you very much!:D

Upvote 0

dvd_holc

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
Arkansas
✟12,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave:

Don't ever stop telling the truth. If you feel frustrated with circumstance...ask God to take it from you. Relax in Christ...Let him handle it. Just breath...Don't ever stop telling the truth...Now, I would also say to speak the truth in a humble and gentle way. I have a hard time at times doing it, also...I was reminded of this at work today....but it moves people hearts. Listening to frustration is not what God told us to do....We have hope...and frustration tells us there is no hope...that is a lie.

Upvote 0