Site Supporter
May 14, 2005
✟70,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mallon said:
I just found a site about a Charles Lewis Camp who seems to have done some palaeo work at Berkeley:

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/Camp/

Nothing about his work on trackways, though. And since he's dead, he can't very well speak up for the creationist support that has been attributed to him.

There you go, he did exist and he was at Berkeley. You aren't really thinking he would have submitted a paper for peer review that would have upset the whole applecart do you? I'm starting to think that TE's are so gullible about the evolutionary scientific process that you are ripe for some land in Florida. I don't want to be mean gentlemen but please get a clue, nothing that challenges the accepted evolutionary timeline is going to get published in anything that would be considered credible by the scientific community.

Remember this Mallon. I am not a a strict YEC. I have no problem with an Old Earth. Therefore I tend to be somewhat more objective in how I look at this stuff than those who have an agenda (YEC or Evo). This allows me to be more open-minded to the evidence and its interpretation.

Here is another site with findings at Paluxy.

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Lion of God said:
There you go, he did exist and he was at Berkeley. You aren't really thinking he would have submitted a paper for peer review that would have upset the whole applecart do you? I'm starting to think that TE's are so gullible about the evolutionary scientific process that you are ripe for some land in Florida. I don't want to be mean gentlemen but please get a clue, nothing that challenges the accepted evolutionary timeline is going to get published in anything that would be considered credible by the scientific community.
And until you have evidence to back up what amounts to a rather damning claim against the scientific community, that remains your unfounded opinion.

Upvote 0

LoG

Veteran
Site Supporter
May 14, 2005
✟70,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dannager said:
And until you have evidence to back up what amounts to a rather damning claim against the scientific community, that remains your unfounded opinion.

Believe whatever you want Dannager. The internet is a big place. There is a lot evidence that doesn't fit into the accepted evo scientific model. It is not going away just because you prefer to put a bag over your head while repeating the mantra "scientists are infallible".

Reactions: Gwenyfur
Upvote 0

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Lion of God said:
Believe whatever you want Dannager. The internet is a big place. There is a lot evidence that doesn't fit into the accepted evo scientific model. It is not going away just because you prefer to put a bag over your head while repeating the mantra "scientists are infallible".

please start a thread pointing our reading towards this "lot of evidence that doesn't fit into the" TofE, AFAIK i have never encountered it and would love to be OEC again....

Upvote 0

LewisWildermuth

Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lion of God said:
There you go, he did exist and he was at Berkeley.

Some website uses the name on someone that existed, therefore I am to believe every crackpot idea that they put on that site? Would you believe me if I said that Ussher denied the young earth without giving you any papers written by Ussher or even a halfway reliable quote from Ussher? Why not, after all Ussher did exist?

You aren't really thinking he would have submitted a paper for peer review that would have upset the whole applecart do you?

Yes I would, that is what science is all about, disproving ideas. Did Einstein shut up about relativity because it upset the Newtonian applecart? No. Did Pasture shut up because his ideas upset the spontaneous generation applecart? No. The quickest way to make a name for yourself in science is to upset as many apple carts as possible.

I'm starting to think that TE's are so gullible about the evolutionary scientific process that you are ripe for some land in Florida. I don't want to be mean gentlemen but please get a clue, nothing that challenges the accepted evolutionary timeline is going to get published in anything that would be considered credible by the scientific community.

Let me see if I have this right... If I don’t accept everything said on some website that gives no real evidence of their claims and pushes off things known to be false as true I am the gullible one? Just because this site says things that tickle your ear does not mean they are correct.

Reactions: Willtor
Upvote 0

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Lion of God said:
You aren't really thinking he would have submitted a paper for peer review that would have upset the whole applecart do you?
Why not? Happens all the time. Alan Feduccia, for example, gets a lot of his crap published, and he constantly goes against the grain of palaeontology.

By the way, I hear before Henry Morris died he denounced creationism and accepted the theory of evolution as the only plausible explanation for the world's diversity of life. Strike up another one for the evolutionists!

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
By the way, I hear before Henry Morris died he denounced creationism and accepted the theory of evolution as the only plausible explanation for the world's diversity of life. Strike up another one for the evolutionists!

It's 2:04 am and my brain's only half working. This is a sarcastic comment, right?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
shernren said:
It's 2:04 am and my brain's only half working. This is a sarcastic comment, right?

Yes. It's supposed to be the poetic twist on, "Darwin (or some other famous scientist) renounced evolution on his deathbed."

Upvote 0

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
shernren said:
Not at all!
You see, the convenient thing about attributing ideas to dead people is they are no longer around to speak for themselves. So I can put any words I want into a dead person's mouth, and no one can tell me that person never said otherwise.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not at all!
You see, the convenient thing about attributing ideas to dead people is they are no longer around to speak for themselves. So I can put any words I want into a dead person's mouth, and no one can tell me that person never said otherwise.

Oh. [shrug]

I'd think Henry Morris deserves a little too much respect to have that attributed to him. Now if it was Kent Hovind or Carl Baugh ... :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sigh...

I could say "He's as strong as an ox." People instantly know that the man I'm talking about isn't a literal ox, but he's pretty strong, or at least well-muscled.

Why do people who have that common sense then turn around and think just the opposite by saying behemoth in the bible is talking about a dinosaur?

Dinosaurs were long extinct by the time Job was written, don't try to read into the verse what clearly isn't there. That's the problem with literalism in my mind - it causes you to do mental gymnastics that don't line up with all the scientific data, geological evidence, and just logical common sense. Dinos weren't living 5000-6000 years ago, and they certainly weren't roaming the earth 10,000 years ago, when the northern hemisphere of the planet was experiencing an ice age.

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Belinda said:
How Do We Know God Killed The Dinosours???? Maybe Satan Did
Or a significant astronomical body (read: meteor) slammed into the earth millions of years ago, blotting out the sun and causing the mass extinction of countless species of life, dinosaurs included.

But you can call it Satan if you'd like.

Upvote 0

Scholar in training

sine ira et studio
Feb 25, 2005
United States
✟15,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
rmwilliamsll said:
i supplied the evidence.
dinosaurs lived 62 million years ago.
humanity evolved about 200K years ago.
however i did leave the math undone.
but the conclusion from this evidence is that no human being saw a living dinosaur.

how do i know?
i generally trust the above evidence.
i can count.

what the verse fits is lots of large, 4 legged, grass eating mammals.
from hippos to buffalo.
In an earlier post, you said:

nonetheless, no man has ever seen a live dinosaur. So why would God mention them in a book addressed to people starting about 1500BC? what revelance could they have?

Did hippos and buffalo have any relevance to farmers living in the ANE?

Upvote 0

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Scholar in training said:

hippos kill more people in Africa today then any other animal. (i've seen claims of all the rest of the animals put together). that there exists a female mummy from Egypt who was killed by a hippo? hippo is not a bad guess for behemoth, given it's destructiveness.

see a cute short piece on hippos at:
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mhippo.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Robert the Pilegrim

Senior Veteran
Nov 21, 2004
✟17,687.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Scholar in training said:

Others have pointed out the relevance of hippos.
As for buffalo, I am not certain of my geography, but they are domesticated in parts of Asia and, I believe, Africa, and wild/rogue buffalo can be very dangerous.

Upvote 0

Robert the Pilegrim

Senior Veteran
Nov 21, 2004
✟17,687.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
shernren said:
I doubt you'd get buffalo per se in the ANE (more in the Far East) but cattle were a pretty important part of their agriculture.
I decided to poke around...
This claims a picture of a water buffalo in ancient Mesopotamia 2100 BC.

Another web page (www.masr.com) stated that water buffalo were brought to Egypt by the Mamelukes, so ?1100 AD?.

Very prevalent in India...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.