USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You mention "what is truth." You have the Holy Spirit within you, He will lead you into all truth. You can depend on Him.

Paul said he didin't speak with words of men's wisdom but in the demonstration of the Spirit's power. That is where the truth lies. The people in Acts were experiencing God and He was there in all His glory, they were moved and swept up in the reality of God.

Upvote 0

AudioArtist

AudioArtist
Jul 8, 2003
London
✟5,287.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Thank you all for your posts.

I think the problems I am having will disappear as I walk in obedience to God and trust in Him as a child. I think Paul was on to something marvelous in his letters, which were inspired by God: he never says that love is no longer important, or that good works are irrelevant to the next life - but simply points to a living, Spiritual sonship we can all have with the Father, through the blood of Jesus Christ, which will involve a relationship with God and a life of obedience to Him. It's only by listening and doing that any of this will make any sense.

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

MrSnow

May 30, 2007
✟8,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
he never says that love is no longer important

Indeed.

He even says that love trumps faith (or at least that love must be present with our faith to give our faith any kind of validity):

1Co 13:2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.