Did Trump just call on a foreign nation to conduct illegal activity on an American Citizen?

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump encourages Russia to hack Hillary Clinton

"Russia, if you're listening I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press," Trump said during a news conference in Florida."

"If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!" Trump tweeted.

"This has to be the first time that a major presidential candidate has actively encouraged a foreign power to conduct espionage against his political opponent," said Hillary for America senior policy adviser Jake Sullivan. "That's not hyperbole, those are just the facts. This has gone from being a matter of curiosity, and a matter of politics, to being a national security issue."

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
"That's not hyperbole, those are just the facts."

It is hyperbole. Saying it's not hyperbole doesn't make it stop being hyperbole.

Just sounds tongue-in-cheek to me, hardly a serious policy statement. And if Russia has the emails already, then it's not calling on them to conduct espionage. It's the point that Russia is already carrying out espionage, and Trump makes a quip about them finding the deleted emails

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
"That's not hyperbole, those are just the facts."

It is hyperbole. Saying it's not hyperbole doesn't make it stop being hyperbole.

Just sounds tongue-in-cheek to me, hardly a serious policy statement. And if Russia has the emails already, then it's not calling on them to conduct espionage. It's the point that Russia is already carrying out espionage, and Trump makes a quip about them finding the deleted emails

But if Putin and Russia have done this, and now Trump has encouraged him to do it, does Trump not owe his Presidency to Putin? Trump will then owe Russia favors, right?

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
But if Putin and Russia have done this, and now Trump has encouraged him to do it, does Trump not owe his Presidency to Putin? Trump will then owe Russia favors, right?
No... No he doesn't. Why would he owe a favour? Is this some unwritten code of honour?

Reactions: SpunkyDoodle
Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
This clown, with no self-control over his own mouth, is about to get national security briefings.
Has Trump leaked any big secrets for there to be precedence? He's blunt, says what comes to his mind, but I don't see why he'd go spouting national security secrets. I mean, he managed to at least keep quiet about his VP pick right.

Reactions: SpunkyDoodle
Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It was a stupid thing to say. Think it but don't say it. Trump is his own worst enemy. We have two lousy choices for President. My vote won't count anyway - which is actually of some comfort.

What's missing is the fact that the DNC is rigging elections. That's the bigger story. And the fact that the DNC can be hacked should help us to realize that Hillary's server was hacked too. All this Trump stuff distracts from the more important picture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
This clown, with no self-control over his own mouth, is about to get national security briefings.
And the nuclear codes. It gets more and more frightening by the day.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And the nuclear codes. It gets more and more frightening by the day.
They won't give anything that sensitive to a candidate, but he will get highly classified briefings as early as Friday.

Can't wait for those liberal tears in November.
Mine will be tears of gratitude to the merciful God who watches over this great land. Just wait until Trump's convention bounce collapses.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It is when Hillary accepts favors from Saudis.
But that's actual financial donation. When someone gives a big financial donation, they usually do a deal where they expect something in return.

Trump just made a comment here, he hasn't done some backroom deal with Putin to get him to spy on the Democrats.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It was a stupid thing to say. Think it but don't say it. Trump is his own worst enemy. We have two lousy choices for President. My vote won't count anyway - which is actually of some comfort.

What's missing is the fact that the DNC is rigging elections. That's the bigger story. And the fact that the DNC can be hacked should help us to realize that Hillary's server was hacked too. All this Trump stuff distracts from the more important picture.
Sad....
Dismiss Trump's potentially treasonous statement by saying YOUR vote wont count, then attempt a derail by accusing the DNC of something bad is happening in the DNC.

Then saying that the DNC email hack is proof of Clinton's email hack is just preposterous and a logic fail

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Sad....
Dismiss Trump's potentially treasonous statement by saying YOUR vote wont count, then attempt a derail by accusing the DNC of something bad is happening in the DNC.

Then saying that the DNC email hack is proof of Clinton's email hack is just preposterous and a logic fail

No. Not dismissing Trumps statement. You're bias is reading into what I am actually saying. I don't plan on voting for him or Hillary. That's why my vote won't matter. Hillary will take my State hands down. And the DNC DID violate election ethics. I'll bet money that the RNC did too.

And it's logical to assume that if someone can hack the DNC emails that it's also likely that in the many KNOWN attempts on Hillary's unsecured server someone got through.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Has Trump leaked any big secrets for there to be precedence? He's blunt, says what comes to his mind, but I don't see why he'd go spouting national security secrets. I mean, he managed to at least keep quiet about his VP pick right.

It appears not. People knew it was Pence several days before he announced. Apparently, because he kept moaning that he wanted Christie in the job.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When are we going to learn that we cannot take the words of politicians as truth? Sometimes they lie to hide their own crimes but sometimes its to win public opinion, or to counter the lies of their opposition who is also trying to win public opinion. ITs all propaganda. There is no clear path of truth to follow in politics.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0