1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God know you before the foundation of the world?

Discussion in 'Spirit Filled / Charismatic Debate (READ ONLY)' started by The Unforgettable Fire, Oct 18, 2013.

1. The Unforgettable Fire

The Unforgettable Fire Regular Member

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    ?

2. Jope

Jope Newbie

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    The Bible is crystal clear on the subject. But those that rely on human understanding alone,keep stumbling over the scripture.

"For he chose us in him BEFORE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love "
    Ephesians 1v4

"For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified." Romans 8:29,30

3. TasManOfGod

TasManOfGod Untatted Saint

Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    Knowing us as individuals and knowing us as the "body of Christ" are two different things.

4. Jope

Jope Newbie

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Pay attention to the scripture: "For he chose us"Ephesians 1v4 . And elsewhere :

"It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy."
    Romans 9v16

"What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—PREPARED for destruction? What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory"
    Romans 9v22-23
    God is sovereign. But we don't know, who has eternal security and who will ultimately end up in a sinful life or walking away from the faith. We can only live our lives as God has given it to us .We know for certain that, if we persevere till the end ,we will be saved.

5. Biblicist

Biblicist Full Gospel believer

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Precisely!

6. Jope

Jope Newbie

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    He did not just know us ,"FOR HE CHOSE US" .The body of Christ is made of the chosen ones.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  7. ancientsoul

ancientsoul queen of broken hearts

Faith:
    Christian
    yes ...

Matthew 25:34 ... Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come,ye be blessed of my Father, inherit the kingsom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

John 17:24 ... Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am: that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Acts 15:18 ... Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

even so ... God knew us because He is all-knowing ... He is Jah ...

8. ancientsoul

Faith:
    Christian
    1 John 3:20 ... For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Isaiah 46:9,10 ... Remember the former things of old:for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do my pleasure.

Matthew 10:30 ... But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

9. Alive_Again

Alive_Again Newbie

Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    "For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified." Romans 8:29,30

I like what Kat Kerr said. We existed inside of God before we came here. He knew us. He destined for us to come into this world and He fully intended for everyone to receive Jesus and be conformed to the image of the Son.

He loves us all the same and He didn't pick for some of us to not make it. That is not the character of God. It's a simple truth that He knew us before. It takes a little faith to receive it. All we know is this world, but obviously things are much greater than this little world.

10. ReveilleSoul

ReveilleSoul Member

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    How do you account for Jacob I have Loved but Esau I have hated?

11. TasManOfGod

TasManOfGod Untatted Saint

Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    I am referring to God's predestine us. Nevertheless I did not say God does not know us as individuals in fact He knew us before we were born..

12. wwminister

wwminister Newbie

Faith:
    Word-of-Faith

God chose a body, And that body is made up of anyone and everyone who believes and receives Jesus.

To say God chose some and not others, Is to say God is a respecter of people, And that would make Him a sinner.
    And God didn't know us before the world was created.
    The meaning of, "We were chosen before the foundation of the world", Goes back to Gen 3: 14--15, &v 23--24.
    God made a plan for our redemption. After Adam fell.

13. Jope

Jope Newbie

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    You are confusing God with a fellow human
    being.God is sovereign and nothing can happen
    ,except that he has given the order.
    Even before Adam sinned ,God had prepared a lamb
    for the sacrifice:

"All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--
    all whose names have not been written in the Lamb's
    book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the
    creation of the world."
    Revelation 13:8

Even before Esau sinned ,God had alreaday decided:
    "Yet, before the twins were born or had done
    anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in
    election might stand: not by works but by him who
    calls—she was told, “The older will serve the
    younger.” Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but
    Esau I hated.”Romans 9v11-13

The scriptures clearly state that :
    "It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or
    effort, but on God’s mercy. For Scripture says to
    Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I
    might display my power in you and that my name
    might be proclaimed in all the earth.” Therefore God
    has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he
    hardens whom he wants to harden."
    Romans 9v1v6-18

God is not a respector of persons,he is the creator of
    persons. And any ability that anyone possesses
    ,including the ability to make the right choice,came
    from God.
    "For it is by grace you have been saved, through
    faith—and THIS IS NOT FROM YOURSELVES "Ephesians 2v8

14. wwminister

wwminister Newbie

Faith:
    Word-of-Faith

You must be one of those Calvanist who thinks Gos is evil.
    God has given everuone the free choice to either believe and accept Him, Or dis-believe and reject Him.
    To say that God gives the ability to those who believe and accept Jesus, But doesn't give to those who reject Him, Makes God a respecter of people.... And that makes Him a sinner.

God has chosen a body, Not individuals, And that body is made up from anyone and everyone who gets born again.

15. Jope

Jope Newbie

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    May I kindly suggest that you pay attention to the scripture. Consider the texts that I just posted and try to address, them. Our opinions are worthless.

16. The Unforgettable Fire

The Unforgettable Fire Regular Member

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Look this is not a debate...

Oh wait...yes it is.

Carry on. :)

17. ReveilleSoul

ReveilleSoul Member

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Free will- the Bible is clear you have free will
    Prior knowledge- the Bible is clear that God knew you

Both are represented. What if we could find scripture
    That also said we also knew God before?

Now that would rightfully bring another matter to be considered
    Wouldn't you think? Maybe there is more to the story.

18. ancientsoul

Faith:
    Christian
    well, yes He did predestine some ... God's elect ... if one studies the verses on God's elect they will come to find they are the ones God chooses ALL through time ... the remnant ... those set aside to carry forth the message of Christ ... it doesn't necessarily mean He loved(s) them more ... what it means is He knows He can trust them ... as they stood in the first world age against satan and the fallen angels ... Revelation 19:7 ... the wife ... the elect ... those chosen from the first world age ... it doesn't say the bride had made herself ready ... it says the wife ... ALREADY married to the Lord ... also if one studies the verses on the remnant ... they will come to find it isn't any of the 1/3 that things happen to ... it's a seperate group of people ... anyway. that's my two cents for now ... 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 + the remnant ...

19. wwminister

wwminister Newbie

Faith:
    Word-of-Faith

I'm not going to consider a text that you twist in order to make your false doctrines.

20. wwminister

wwminister Newbie

Faith:
    Word-of-Faith

You are talking about the "Elect Jews", Which have nothing to do with the Church, "The body of Christ", Those Elect Jews will get saved during the tribulation period, After the Church has been raptures to heaven.

There are the Elect Jews, Elect Angels, The elect Jesus and the elect Church, Which is made up from anyone and everyone who freely choses to get born again.