Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TV ratings for this year’s Oscars ceremony on April 25 were the lowest in the event’s history, with viewership dipping below 10 million for the first time

HOLLYWOOD — Despite receiving awards from several film festivals and from Planned Parenthood, absent from the 2021 Academy Awards was the film, Never Rarely Sometimes Always, a fictional picture which follows a 17-year-old girl as she travels from Pennsylvania to New York to obtain an abortion.

This past March, a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences— the nationwide body that votes for the Oscars— declined to watch it, drawing public ire from the pro-choice filmmaker who created it.

The film was inspired by news stories of women traveling from areas with more restrictive abortion laws to areas with more permissive laws, the director claimed.

The film has drawn praise from abortion advocates, with director Eliza Hittman awarded the 2020 “Media Excellence Award” from Planned Parenthood.

Continued below.
Despite Director’s Outcry, Pro-Abortion Film Absent from Oscars 2021

Reactions: tryphena rose

tryphena rose

Daughter of the Most High
Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟54,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
TV ratings for this year’s Oscars ceremony on April 25 were the lowest in the event’s history, with viewership dipping below 10 million for the first time

HOLLYWOOD — Despite receiving awards from several film festivals and from Planned Parenthood, absent from the 2021 Academy Awards was the film, Never Rarely Sometimes Always, a fictional picture which follows a 17-year-old girl as she travels from Pennsylvania to New York to obtain an abortion.

This past March, a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences— the nationwide body that votes for the Oscars— declined to watch it, drawing public ire from the pro-choice filmmaker who created it.

The film was inspired by news stories of women traveling from areas with more restrictive abortion laws to areas with more permissive laws, the director claimed.

The film has drawn praise from abortion advocates, with director Eliza Hittman awarded the 2020 “Media Excellence Award” from Planned Parenthood.

Continued below.
Despite Director’s Outcry, Pro-Abortion Film Absent from Oscars 2021
Hearing about this movie when it first came out made my stomach turn. What a depraved and lost culture. It's very sad the message this film fills our young girls heads with, as if they don't get enough messages like it as it is.

I will say that I'm glad this movie didn't get an award. However, as Hollywood grows more and more defiled, satanic and woke, I'm sure something else (that may even be worse) will likely fill it's place in the upcoming years.

That is, unless they have to cancel the whole Oscars business due to the ratings continuing to plummet. In that case, good riddance. :wink:

Upvote 0