Depression, mental illness, and Jesus

C

Christownsme

I have struggled with mental illness, especially depression from bipolar disorder, for about 20 years. I have also a schizoaffective disorder diagnosis, which includes delusions and illusions for me.

I used to think it was important for the church to know the "scientific" information behind all the confusion the mentally ill have. The church had to learn the diagnoses and learn about the neurotransmitters, along with how the medicine affected the scene.

I'm retracting big time. It's been a long time since I've posted here. God has brought order to my mind. I find that when I'm practicing sin and deceiving myself, that deceit comes back on me. Coming clean and crying out to God for deliverance from my corrupted mind has led me to a saving faith in Christ, as He washes away the confusion. Even the confusion of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

I'm in no way saying I shouldn't continue being treated with meds for my illness. But if you knew what has gone through my mind, and what goes through it now, you would know that peace I've so desperately needed. Some things cannot be treated with a pill. Guilt, shame, and regret, harboring sin and all the effects of that, come upon mentally ill people the same as people without the disease.

What have I learned in over the last year? That God sent Jesus to die for my sins at my worst time, as far as my behavior and obedience. He died when I didn't care about Him or God's laws. I had to admit all those terrible guilt feelings and shame and regret were my condemnation, they won't go away with medicine.

We all have to let Christ wash our shame and sin away. He is so faithful, He will do it.

JesusFo11ower

I love God.
Mar 20, 2014
✟7,897.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have BPD (borderline personality disorder) and medicine has done nothing but helped. God gave us the knowledge to make medicines to help various illnesses including mental illness. God also helps with his holy spirit. Since God saved me I have gotten better and I credit it all to God.

Upvote 0