✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It's a real phenomenon.

Someone is attacked; they immediately 'hate' their attacker.
That hate they thought, spoke etc stays and invites evil.
This closes off hearts and consciences.
People become 'narcissists' via childhood trauma without knowing. Yet they keep their
'inadequacy on the down low using superficial egotistical qualities as a cover up for their
PERCEIVED flaws.

Where there is 'hate' an invite to every evil to rage, anger, fear, low self esteem, depression, unforgiveness, triggers, arrogance, revenge seeking et al.
[every negative trait that is projected outward]

Hence WHY Jesus said turn the other cheek. Because eye for an eye is self righteous anger manifested in hate.

The other term is PTSD. Praying to release evil from ourselves is cleansing.
Confession and the Eucharist are POWERFUL.
So is daily prayer to rid ourselves of evil.
And the Lord within slowly heals the years of abuse/trauma/actions involved in hate.

• Informative
Reactions: LizaMarie

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I can speak about PTSD; I've had it for 40 years. The VA has me on Sertraline in the morning to keep me on an even keel, and Trazodone at night to kill the nightmares and let me sleep.

What you said above is all true. I try to deal with it as best I can, and usually I do pretty well. If I perceive that someone is attacking me unfairly, though, I tend to go into Full Defense Mode with Overwhelming Response centered on the target, which is not good. Thank heavens for my dear wife, who reigns me in when I get too far out of hand.

Even worse, though, are the unexpected, loud, percussive noises, especially if they resemble gunfire or explosions. Those lead to an immediate amygdala hijack and me seeking cover, even hitting the floor. Those are not fun, since they usually result in me being left in a state where I am shaking, hyperventilating, sweating profusely, my heart hammering, heavy vertigo, and trying desperately hard not to cry. It usually lasts for about twenty minutes afterwards.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, I can speak about PTSD; I've had it for 40 years. The VA has me on Sertraline in the morning to keep me on an even keel, and Trazodone at night to kill the nightmares and let me sleep.

What you said above is all true. I try to deal with it as best I can, and usually I do pretty well. If I perceive that someone is attacking me unfairly, though, I tend to go into Full Defense Mode with Overwhelming Response centered on the target, which is not good. Thank heavens for my dear wife, who reigns me in when I get too far out of hand.

Even worse, though, are the unexpected, loud, percussive noises, especially if they resemble gunfire or explosions. Those lead to an immediate amygdala hijack and me seeking cover, even hitting the floor. Those are not fun, since they usually result in me being left in a state where I am shaking, hyperventilating, sweating profusely, my heart hammering, heavy vertigo, and trying desperately hard not to cry. It usually lasts for about twenty minutes afterwards.
You are in my prayers.
Also, here is an excellent prayer.

Every day as a morning daily.

Also after signing the cross, I then say "Almighty Father, Son and Holy Spirit through the precious blood of Jesus Christ and in His Holy name I pray over ".." for protection from evil, all healing and love and graces... and for myself."

English Standard Version
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

IE, it's already a done deal because you asked thus.
Daily morning prayer removes PTSD [I call them old news that is no longer there but a trigger imprint that the Almighty does in fact remove.]

AND even better than that, despite our weaknesses or fears we may continue to have it, He still heals us.
He does not allow our fears to keep going because it's those fears itself that created a problem.
He's mightier and it is nothing for Him to heal you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
ALSO via prayer... the Almighty slows down the 'sentences' to the inner child so the child heals because we then have a very slow version [and let me clear spirit language is outside of time] and the fright is the slamming of it despite the inner child [subconscious] not hearing it as slow as our physical minds receive.
Therefore; PTSD is like a pinball machine. The thoughts are very fast and this can frighten our subconscious.
It messes with our own intuition.

The Spirit carries us through it slowly, and even showing us how wrong these things are.
Pray, and especially consecration prayers to each of the Trinity improves our relationship and brings peace.

Mass and the Rosary are miracles.
The Eucharist and consecration is terrifying for evil.
[Hence daily Mass, and Eucharistic Adoration is so awesome powerful]
The other prayers as above, sets up the Spirit to healing from trauma attacks [those little glue dobs] because remember Jesus said...
Greater is He within [Holy Spirit] than he who is in the world.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are in my prayers.
Also, here is an excellent prayer.

Every day as a morning daily.

Also after signing the cross, I then say "Almighty Father, Son and Holy Spirit through the precious blood of Jesus Christ and in His Holy name I pray over... and myself."

English Standard Version
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

IE, it's already a done deal because you asked thus.
Daily morning prayer removes PTSD [I call them old news that is no longer there but a trigger imprint that the Almighty does in fact remove.]

AND even better than that, despite our weaknesses or fears we may continue to have it, He still heals us.
He does not allow our fears to keep going because it's those fears itself that created a problem.
He's mightier and it is nothing for Him to heal you.
Great prayer---thank you. :)

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hatred is a horribly powerful emotion.
Gives the enemy an opening into our lives.

It concerns me greatly, to see so much hatred being expressed so openly in our society these days.
Would seem the enemy is having alot of control and influence, in alot of persons' lives ...

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0