✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by 4Jesus
Is it possible for a saved person to be demon possessed?

4Jesus

No.  When a person is saved the Holy Spirit dwells in that person and God will not be divided against Himself.

God bless

Upvote 0

Live4Jesus

Dec 31, 2002
VA
Visit site
✟1,365.00
Nope. Holy spirit is part and piece of the armour of God.

but you can be harrassed a little bit. even attacked... I have a friend, she does these little prayer walks round her neighborhood... she tells me one time she was out walking praying,,, and she says just like this "And I was attacked!! The devil gave me this great big lump on my shoulder lasted 2 days!"

Just a for instance. But generally no. I've only been attacked when I was in some real bad places (she lives in a pretty bad neighborhood, its posible the Lord wanted her to know something...) generally He protects us at every corner and hedge... :)

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I believe "demons" are a myth.

then angels must be a myth too, and perhaps heaven and hell. Mental health services cant do anything abt demon possession. that;s why they have asylums, and the people are stuck there all their lives becos you cant cast out demons with medicine and psychology.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
I believe that demons are real. However, I think that many people with mental conditions are misdiagnosed as being possessed by demons, although this occurs less now than in earlier times. I would leave the determination of which is which to exorcists and psychologists since they have experience dealing with demon posessions and mental disorders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that, in the overwhelming majority of cases, "demons" is just a way to explain to people what's being done, and that the supernatural is not involved. Which would be more practical, do you think; to interrupt the crucial spreading of the Gospel to explain to people that, in fact, it wasn't a "demon", but rather, a chemical imbalance leading to problems with seratonin uptake... or to just say "look, it's better now" and let them think what they will?

God can be a bit of a pragmatist sometimes.

Upvote 0

4Jesus

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
✟416.00
Originally posted by fragmentsofdreams
I believe that demons are real. However, I think that many people with mental conditions are misdiagnosed as being possessed by demons, although this occurs less now than in earlier times. I would leave the determination of which is which to exorcists and psychologists since they have experience dealing with demon posessions and mental disorders.

Why would demon posession be happening less? Scripture says:
Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. 1Peter 5:8

Upvote 0

4Jesus

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
✟416.00
Originally posted by Live4Jesus
Hey we agree on something!

but counseling is sometimes good for people... like I met a Christian counselor once, she was nice, informative... didn't deny scripture...

I think Chrisitan counseling has a place in believers lives. We expect ministers to be well rounded when it comes to their duties but the fact is there are ministers that are good with people but couldn't give a decent sermon if their lives depended on it and just the reverse and even though Chrisians in general are well meaning, they don't always know what to say or do for someone and at times, people need to talk.

I think a Chrisitan counselor that can use God's Word to direct us can ba a valuable asset for Christianity.  

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by 4Jesus
Why would demon posession be happening less? Scripture says:

I was saying that the misdiagnosis of mental disorders as demon possession happens less now than in previous times. I have no idea whether actual demon possession has increased or decreased.

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Br. Max
psychology is a quack science.

There are quacks out there but for the most part I think it is fine.

My eldest daughter has an undergraduate degree in psychology and will have her Masters Degree in School Psychology in less than 2 years.

Yes, this was just another shameless opportunity for me to talk about my perfect daughter. :cool:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.