Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
While I agree with you, it doesn't scream unity. I wish it did! I'm Conservative, but I don't want our country to suffer due to any reports. Unity is imperative. We're always stronger as a nation.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
LessThanPerfect2016 said:
While I agree with you, it doesn't scream unity.
It doesn't even hint at unity; not as a nation. Not as a country. Not as a society.

I'm really trying not to make any further comments. This is so intentionally offensive to society ... nope; not going further.

Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You won't get an argument here. I guess I came across the wrong way. I wont ever say what happened there was near okay. I'm saying that we as Christians can learn from it, and use it as an example. I think being optimistic in light of the terrible we live in isn't the worst thing.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apr 11, 2003
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You won't get an argument here. I guess I came across the wrong way.
Perhaps you meant objecting to the display wasn't conducive to unity. I understand that position, but reject it.

Preaching all humans are sinners and need God's forgiveness is not 'conducive to unity' and yet, God demands we do it. "Unity" at the price of surrender is self-defeating.

I think being optimistic in light of the terrible we live in isn't the worst thing.
You are correct.

As long as we follow God, all will work out well for us and all who follow Him. We have great reason to be optimistic. In fact, we have a guarantee of victory (being on the victorious side).

Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apr 11, 2003
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
imind said:
where do you see this "message"?
Sorry, I presumed people could read and understand.

The "Black Lives Matter" organization - I suppose - encourages the murder of police officers.

The rant about White southerners also exhibits a high degree of bias and hatred.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, I presumed people could read and understand.

sorry, i presumed you could do the same...we're talking about that painting...where does it say that? where does it even suggest it?

what does this painting have to do with BLM?

and too many of us are conflating EVERYTHING with BLM. you cannot blame them for everything race related in this country. they neither encourage nor condone killing police officers. if you have evidence to support that they do, you should have no problem posting it.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archie the Preacher

Apr 11, 2003
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
really? Because in the painting it looks like the police are the ones doing the shooting and killing. :wave:
tulc(unless they posted the wrong painting in the article?) :scratch:
No. "they" hung the correct painting, and you're right, the cop-pigs are the ones depicted as shooting and killing.

It isn't true, but it's done purposely to stir up emotions and made gullible people believe it is true.

Worked on you, didn't it?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. "they" hung the correct painting, and you're right, the cop-pigs are the ones depicted as shooting and killing.

It isn't true, but it's done purposely to stir up emotions and made gullible people believe it is true.

Worked on you, didn't it?
Actually it seems to have worked on you, not me, the artist most likely wanted to get people frothing and dancing around in indignation and that's not me. :wave:
tulc(so the artist wins and the painting removers...lose) :sorry:

Upvote 0