Ohio
✟1,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Life in Abundance said:
Dear Happiness
I write this as one who has struggled with this issue for many and am still learning.
Fr many years i looked for 'deliverance' as a solution to all the difficulties in my life but its not that simple. The Lord has shown me though wise individuals that yes there are times when we need to be freed from satan's influence which can oppress certain areas of our lives, but that is just a small part of the picture.
However our focus should not be on 'deliverance' itself but on Jesus and developing a relationship with Him and if there are things we need to be 'set free' from then it will happen as part of our walk with Him.
I personally know there are many varying views and you need wise counsel and support in this. I am still in the process of learning which I'm not finding easy But I would say again keep close to Jesus in your way forward.

I hope this makes sense.

Karen

I agree deliverance isn't the only aspect of Christiann life but it is a part of it. Not all need deliverances but it seems alot of times, and in my own experiences people sometimes have opened themselves up to bad things (esp. before they are saved) and require it. Before I became a Christian I had unkowningly exposed myself to things I shouldn't have and after I came to Christ there was alot I had to sort through on my own and in prayer but there was still something hanging around-I had some demonic oppression going on and thankfully I was freed from it by a wise pastor.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father Rick said:
Kdet--

Where do you live? I know Paul and Alma very well. They are part of Carpenter's Home, where I served on the ministry team for a number of years.
I live in WA state, I'm sorry if my post made it seem I knew those people at that website. The elders in my church performed the deliverance on my son. I was read ing that website and thought that their mission statement sounded a lot like my own church and that maybe it would be some help for someone looking into information about deliverance.

Upvote 0
F

feo fill

There were Angel of a lower state of being, Cherubs a higher state of angels and Arkangels the highest state and there were Seraphim which I feel are the highest state of angels. The felling angels became demons and some became princess of darkness of the air over country's. Demon still hold to higher and lower states of being. Rank and file so to speak. Some are know as the strong men. But Jesus covercame them all!

That paragraph is very choppy. Mainly speculations, opinions, 'past'(notice the quotes) pretnses, where 'present' tenses should be.

Those following that "study", are warned.

Upvote 0

Asaph

Jun 9, 2004
Deep South
✟5,795.00
Faith
Christian
feo fill said:

That paragraph is very choppy. Mainly speculations, opinions, 'past'(notice the quotes) pretnses, where 'present' tenses should be.

Those following that "study", are warned.
Warned about what? :scratch: The demons of bad grammer and sentence structure? I think there must have been some stuff you intended to post that didn't get posted.

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I want to go ahead and add this to the conglomerum (ho, hum) of deliverance ministries.

I have seen people healed emotionally, set free from addictions and altogether delivered from bondages through LEARNING the Truth of Covenantal doctrine and Grace by faith.

Didn't Jesus rip this guy's (satan) teeth out and make a public mockery of him when He died on the Cross???

YEP!!! The devil's been defeated. End of story. The struggle is within our souls.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
riverpastor said:
I want to go ahead and add this to the conglomerum (ho, hum) of deliverance ministries.

I have seen people healed emotionally, set free from addictions and altogether delivered from bondages through LEARNING the Truth of Covenantal doctrine and Grace by faith.

Didn't Jesus rip this guy's (satan) teeth out and make a public mockery of him when He died on the Cross???

YEP!!! The devil's been defeated. End of story. The struggle is within our souls.
I like this, RP. So much of what we attribute to the devil is just the circumstances of life that grace and trust will carry us through. We do not need a “deliverance” for or to be “set free” from everything that goes bad for us. Sometimes we seek deliverance from things God allows into our lives to try us rather than to learn whatever it is He is trying to teach us.

\o/

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And I think that what He is trying to teach us is that we need to be delivered from ourselves (our wrong thinking - un-renewed mindsets)!

Why do we keep taking the same tests over and over and over?

Well, when we pass the test, we can move to the next grade! ;)

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
riverpastor said:
And I think that what He is trying to teach us is that we need to be delivered from ourselves (our wrong thinking - un-renewed mindsets)!

Thanks Riverpastor,
This confirms somthing I've been reading.
Thanks to you and Jim, Please keep sharing God's Truth with us

Karen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.