• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

deliverance from schizoaffective disorder

PoeticaMuse

Aug 14, 2012
✟15,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Hi I want to get Christian deliverance from schizoaffective disorder that I've had for 12 years. I've been on several medications, but the medications are making me severely tired, and depressed, and overweight. I am very schizophrenic, so much so that I don't know what would happen to me if i got off m y meds and i just want deliverance. or maybe turn the voices into angels or something. I don;t know how i ca n do that. That would be great thanx.

JesusLuvsYou

Aug 20, 2012
Canada
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

I want you to know your situation is not hopeless. There is FREEDOM in Christ. There were 19 different cases of Jesus healing individuals in the New Testament. In 12 out of the 19, the scriptures refer to the individual's FAITH.

Example: to the woman with the issue of blood Jesus said “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over.”

Mark 5:34 (NLT Version)

Jesus conquered every sickness, disease and sin on that cross. Deliverance is yours you NEED to ask Jesus to set you free. You must do so in faith. I don't know if you read the bible, if you don't start right away. If you do, read more and more. God's word is a weapon. Our mind is the battlefield. The devil is a liar. Everytime you hear those thoughts which I'm sure are negative most of the time, fight back with the word of God. Know who you are in Christ. There is authority in his name.

I pray God's supernatural healing power over your mind right now in the name of Jesus. I bind every thought that is not of God and take it into captivity. I ask the Lord to give you the strength. I pray for an increase in faith and wisdom.

Know that God loves you. He doesn't give us more than we can bear. You can conquer this! What the devil means for destruction, God can and will turn around for his good. Repent, trust and seek God. And more importantly have FAITH that He can and will set you FREE!!

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I struggle with asking God to rescue me out of it. I have no idea what it is like to live without it. I assume I would know then, but it is still a bit nerve racking--like I would have to learn how to live all over again. do you ever feel that way?

Upvote 0

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The best deliverance I ever went through is when I learned to ignore all the voices. Not listen or respond to them, just like in the movie "A Beautiful Mind. The main character just learned to ignore them. We have to do the same, especially if we respond to them. If you havent seen the movie I would encourage you to watch it.

Upvote 0