Define Christianity in one word

milleri

Dec 3, 2004
✟161.00
Faith
Muslim
Ok guys this is the update of thread with few more definitions, namely:
Fellowship, Humility, Reconciliation, Salvation and Truth. You can see them in Red font.
Others also increased in numbers, although I can't show it here because this spreadsheet data is real pain, it does not paste nicely, but not to worry. As you can see "Love" still up the front.
Any entry with double words I placed them in two places because the questioner only ask for ONE WORD, I know maybe it is hard but that is the rule he burdened you, so live with it. This thing keep me busy too you know.
Also someone pointed to me that there are some repeattition occured in the list. Yap it is possible as the spreadsheet run across two screen, I get confused myself too.

Anyway have fun and I'll back for more progress.

Christ-------- 4
Communion--- 2
Compassion-- 1
Devotion----- 1
Faith-------- 4
Fellowship---- 1
Follow Christ-- 3
Forgiveness-- 4
Free--------- 1
Grace------- 14
Humility------ 1
Hope-------- 2
Jesus-------- 9
Journey------ 1
Life---------- 1
Love-------- 22
Meekness---- 1
Mercy------- 4
Metonia----- 1
Peace------- 2
Phusis------- 1
Race-------- 1
Reconciliation 1
Redemption-- 4
Relation----- 5
Salvation---- 1
Selfless----- 1
Serve------- 2
Theosis----- 2
Tough------ 1
Truth------- 1
Union------- 1

Upvote 0

Paddy the Irishman

Jun 28, 2004
Dirty South, Auckland, NZ
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Judges19 said:
Would "bigotry" describe christianity? This is a serious question. I ask because women have no rights and you can sell your daughter into slavery, so I wanna know the answers.
no one has rights if you really think about it, and we are all slaves....slaves to something....whether it be material posessions, money, popularity, anger, sexual immorality....

so wat is your question?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodAtWorkToday

Nov 29, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟506.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That's easy. Not sure if anyone else already said this.

"RELATIONSHIP"

Rom 8:13-17 ESV
(13) For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
(14) For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
(15) For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"
(16) The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
(17) and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
J

JRA88

Christianity has been tooled and tainted and ruined over the past couple thousand years. We have gone through envangelicals, reformers, blasphemers claiming to be Christians, and fundementalists, liberalism and many others. It has now gotten to a point in which I do not know what Christianity is, and I don't think any of us can. Christianity has now become more of a business, or an excuse for certain actions, or a political ideology.

However, we can define Christian Spirituality - the basics of what makes a Christian (an imitator of Christ).

So to define Christian Spirituality in one word I say LOVE.

Love is what created us, Love is what drives us to death, Love is what drives us through each day, and motivates us to take action in anything. Love is what God commands of us, Love is what seperates us from the rest of the world and shows that we are believers in Christ. In Matthew something: or other Jesus tells us the two greatest commandements. "LOVE the Lord your God...LOVE your neighbour as yourself." In 1 Corinthians something: or other Pauls tells us of how we can do amazing actions but if it is executed without love it is worth nothing.

Upvote 0