Deeper Fellowship... (9)

B

Bondman

Sounds like hormonal/testosternal silliness to me. But Bondman I have seen little of your ministry either.btw It's hawlak (not anything derived from it) ok?

Can't call me MaidoftheManor or MaidoftheForum now. haha

Nar, just plain silliness! Hi hawlak! Took me a minute to get the 'Maid' bit. Good to meet up with you again.

As for 'ministry' I wrote a fair bit about that in the post above - er, previous page! haha

Blessings to you over there in Canada, and have a lovely day!!

BM

Upvote 0

Surviving

Veteran
Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
✟10,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I reckon that encouragement is one of the major things we do while we're Loving One Another as Jesus commanded us. And your post encouraged me, Surviving, thankyou!!!

Well, in that case, you're welcome! ;)

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Overcome by faith
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟338,719.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks all for your love, fellowship and friendship. I wander back as often as I can. NO, I purpose to come back as often as I can. I need you all. God Bless your faithfulness to the thread.

Perserverance! That is the key. Lovely day today and I think I am going to go out and weed my flower bed and find some new flowers to add to. Have a wonderful week end and be blessed.

A few prayer requests?

Please pray for Al, having bone marrow transplant from his sister on May 8.

Charles is healing from lymphoma, please keep him in prayers.

For me, wisdom about the ministry I have been doing. I really need to hear from the Lord what to do. And about church....where does the Lord want me?

Thanks,

Patti
:crossrc: Praying for you FreedintheLord :hug:

Upvote 0

FreedIntheLord

Nov 11, 2005
Michigan
✟17,929.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Please be careful when talking about your ministry to others. They can find ALL of your posts and it would be a pity if they found that they were being discussed here on DF and got discouraged. It is well that we love one another and share good things, I know it is hard to keep things under wraps. It is the Holy Spirit that draws people to the Lord. We are but tools. I am saying this in love, because we do not want any to fall away because we have shared something in public that has been shared in private and thought to be kept private. I know no names have been mentioned, but people will recognize who they are in print.

I hope you all do not mind this (hopefully) gentle chastisement. Or whatever you want to call it. We all have work to do for the Lord. We all need to love one another enough to call each other on things that are not quite right at times too. Sorry for being presumptuous on this matter. I just thought that maybe you might think twice if you realize that people can follow all your writings and you might not like the outcome if they did. I know I would not like it if I was the one that was being talked about. Would you?

With love,

Patti

Upvote 0

FriendsFellowship

Serving the Kingdom!
Mar 17, 2006
Southern California
Visit site
✟53,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, everyone :)

I have a prayer request.....we have a car which is 16 years old now, has been round the clock, runs very well, engine-wise, but is increasingly needing patch up type work done on it. Hoses need replacing and cost a lot cos of the awkward place they're positioned in.....the radiator springs a leak.....stuff like that. My husband says we should get a new car and I agree, though I do love our car. But I have to be sensible as it's cost us a lot in the last year or so to keep on the road.

I ask for prayer that God guide us as we look at cars and so on, as to us it's a very big thing to buy a car. We'd ideally like to get a lateish model car with not too many kms on the clock. Please pray that as we ponder and look around, that God will give us much discernment, especially when we meet with salesmen.

Thanks, everyone.....I guess it's obvious I feel quite nervous about it all. Thank you all and God bless! :hug:

Hi JS!

I just pray that the Father meets your needs! :prayer:

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. - Philippians 4:6 NLT

And thank the Father for what He provides! :clap:

Upvote 0
B

Bondman

Please be careful when talking about your ministry to others. They can find ALL of your posts and it would be a pity if they found that they were being discussed here on DF and got discouraged. It is well that we love one another and share good things, I know it is hard to keep things under wraps. It is the Holy Spirit that draws people to the Lord. We are but tools. I am saying this in love, because we do not want any to fall away because we have shared something in public that has been shared in private and thought to be kept private. I know no names have been mentioned, but people will recognize who they are in print.

I hope you all do not mind this (hopefully) gentle chastisement. Or whatever you want to call it. We all have work to do for the Lord. We all need to love one another enough to call each other on things that are not quite right at times too. Sorry for being presumptuous on this matter. I just thought that maybe you might think twice if you realize that people can follow all your writings and you might not like the outcome if they did. I know I would not like it if I was the one that was being talked about. Would you?

With love,

Patti

Hi Patti! I know that many, if not most Believers don't like to be told where they may be going wrong. But I've always felt the opposite: if there's something I should know then I'm very grateful to be told!

I've been on a lot of forums and to both of us people's privacy is VERY important. That's why I do a lot of my work via pm and email. Of course it's easy enough to slip up without ever meaning to, as we all do. I certainly have made many many mistakes of all kinds in my reasonably long life! *Thankyou Lord, for Your amazing forgiveness!*

But you don't need to be concerned for those I mentioned. I knew there was no 'trail' back to any posts from the past (I always aim to take great care with this), and no one could work out who was being spoken about - as you said, there were no names, and minimal details, and so those concerned have been kept 'safe'!

Re. your 'Would you?' query, just as the privacy of those we interact with here is very important to me and my wife, so our privacy is very important too. In fact on this forum I've shared more than I've even done on another forum, ever. That is I've chosen to make us 'vulnerable' in a way like never before - trusting that people won't take advantage. But life being what it is, I won't be surprised if someone does. *wry smile*

Thanks for your post, Patti and God bless your evening and tomorrow! :wave:

BM

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi JS!

I just pray that the Father meets your needs! :prayer:

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. - Philippians 4:6 NLT

And thank the Father for what He provides! :clap:

Thank you, Marty. ;) Yes, the problem we had yesterday with our car has been resolved, and I feel that time is on our side, that we may consider carefully what best to do. Thank you for your prayers! :) Did I ever share here that we had no car for many, many years.....all through the years our children were little. I used to walk everywhere with them and then one Sunday I was told we were going to be given a little car by the folk at the church we attend. An unconditional gift.....and my heart was so filled with gratitude I rushed into the hall where our church family gathers and began playing the piano to thank God. :) Our church family were all outside having lunch but someone told our pastor I was playing the piano and next thing some music was given to me and I was told I was to play at the next service, which was the Easter Sunday service. They knew I could play, and had asked me to consider playing for the services, but I'd held back. But the wonderful gift the Lord chose to bestow on us just blew away my fears and nervousness and during that week,I recommitted my life to God as a thinking adult. I've been playing for our services for 9 years now. :D I love leading the people in praise and worship.

God bless you, Marty! :hug:

Upvote 0

FriendsFellowship

Serving the Kingdom!
Mar 17, 2006
Southern California
Visit site
✟53,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Marty. ;) Yes, the problem we had yesterday with our car has been resolved, and I feel that time is on our side, that we may consider carefully what best to do. Thank you for your prayers! :) Did I ever share here that we had no car for many, many years.....all through the years our children were little. I used to walk everywhere with them and then one Sunday I was told we were going to be given a little car by the folk at the church we attend. An unconditional gift.....and my heart was so filled with gratitude I rushed into the hall where our church family gathers and began playing the piano to thank God. :) Our church family were all outside having lunch but someone told our pastor I was playing the piano and next thing some music was given to me and I was told I was to play at the next service, which was the Easter Sunday service. They knew I could play, and had asked me to consider playing for the services, but I'd held back. But the wonderful gift the Lord chose to bestow on us just blew away my fears and nervousness and during that week,I recommitted my life to God as a thinking adult. I've been playing for our services for 9 years now. :D I love leading the people in praise and worship.

God bless you, Marty! :hug:

Wow, a double blessing! And a blessing so much more significant than that little car!

The Lord is awesome! :clap:

Thanks for sharing that JS :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, JS! Yep, I'm here. I've told Marty that I 'blame' him for that - and the Holy Spirit (in about equal amounts) *grin*

Next year our wonderful ole car will turn 30 and still goin' strong! But then our health means that we don't get to use it much. Like about 2,000 km a year, haha!

Lord, guide the family in their purchase so as to be wise and responsible with the money you've blessed them with. Help JS to relax in You, cos You know the beginning from the ending, and our faith and trust in You I believe is what blesses You most of all!

(Now no looking at fancy Mercedes or anything like that, okay - or we'll all get envious and you know that God doesn't like envy!) *chuckles* :)

Love from us both!

- Bondman

Rest in the LORD and in HIS
strength alone!

soarlikeaneagle.jpg

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run, and not be weary;

they shall walk, and not faint.

I reckon that encouragement is one of the major things we do while we're Loving One Another as Jesus commanded us. And your post encouraged me, Surviving, thankyou!!!

Started a BLOG at long last (thanks AFJ for reminding and bugging me on this!) HERE

- Bondman (ministering the Good News of the Gospel)

loaa-black.gif

John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you,
That you love one another;
as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Hello, Bondman :)

Thank you for your prayers for us. :hug: I appreciate it very much.

*turns away from the Mercedes and runs over to the Jag* :p ^_^

*rushes off to subscribe to Bondman's blog* :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bondman

Hello, Bondman :)

Thank you for your prayers for us. :hug: I appreciate it very much.​

*turns away from the Mercedes and runs over to the Jag* :p ^_^

*rushes off to subscribe to Bondman's blog* :D

NO Jags either!! *Tch! Tch!*

Wow, that was a really quick prayer answer! Lord, You really are just soooo wonderful!

In general terms older cars do cost less to run overall than newer ones, i.e., unless the thing's decided to totally fall in a heap and cost vast sums over and over, repairing is cheaper than year after year depreciation losses (and loan costs for those who go that way). Our wonderful 1978 'horse' is worth almost the same now as when we bought it 12 years ago! Compare that with a new car or even one from the 'Nineties! *grin*

You having NO car earlier on is a bit mind-boggling in this day and age! We'd all be healthier if we walked instead of drove, of course, but what a fabulous thing all of that was! And you recommitted and now minister via music. Wow-ee!! And all that loving help, support and encouragement you gave me when I first arrived here wouldn't have happened but for that car gift!!

Don't you just have to stand back and marvel at the ways of God sometimes!

Lotsa love to you and family, JS!

- BM

loaa-black.gif

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NO Jags either!! *Tch! Tch!*

Wow, that was a really quick prayer answer! Lord, You really are just soooo wonderful!

In general terms older cars do cost less to run overall than newer ones, i.e., unless the thing's decided to totally fall in a heap and cost vast sums over and over, repairing is cheaper than year after year depreciation losses (and loan costs for those who go that way). Our wonderful 1978 'horse' is worth almost the same now as when we bought it 12 years ago! Compare that with a new car or even one from the 'Nineties! *grin*

You having NO car earlier on is a bit mind-boggling in this day and age! We'd all be healthier if we walked instead of drove, of course, but what a fabulous thing all of that was! And you recommitted and now minister via music. Wow-ee!! And all that loving help, support and encouragement you gave me when I first arrived here wouldn't have happened but for that car gift!!

Don't you just have to stand back and marvel at the ways of God sometimes!

Lotsa love to you and family, JS!

- BM

loaa-black.gif

But Jags are so cool! :p :p ^_^

Well, what you say about repairs etc is really how I feel too, Bondman.....but my husband was upset at the cost of a repair job not long ago. It's the labour costs....huge labour costs.....as they spend hours taking out stuff to get at the problem and so on. We have had to spend a heap in the last year or so.

*ponders and prays some more*

Yes, the little car was a catalyst for me, though I still didn't open the door to Jesus completely. It was a journey and it was a little while longer before I came to a place of being ready to be baptised. That was a wonderful experience. I wrote of it in my journal, if you'd like to read it.....it's post 126. :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t1711051&page=11

God is awesome, Bondman. :) When I look back at the path He's led us on, it's just amazing. Many, many times circumstances or situations which have arisen and impacted on us badly, would have been enough to have us turn our back on those persons responsible. But God has been teaching us and we find that He gives us the strength and the compassion to overlook, overcome the first instincts we may have felt and continue on in relationship with folk. We're very blessed and I pray He continues to bless you with all you need and that others are powerfully ministered to by you, in His name. :) :hug:

Upvote 0
S

Starr SDA Living Word

I come to you Lord,
With everything I am,
You tell me to lay my burdens on you,
I sometimes am so a shamed too,

But when I do,
Only because you told me too,
I feel the weights coming off my back,
And it is only because of You Lord.

Thanks to You Lord,
I can walk,
I can sing,
I can Praise you for Everything!

You Are the BEST,
No One Could stand the tests,
From east to west,
North to south,
But you did it,
And Gave us a Day to Rest.

Thank you Father,
Thank you for loving us so much,
Even though we are not perfect,
You died for our souls,
That if we repent,
And believe in You,
That we shall live forever!
Amen.

Thank you for forgiving me for all my sins,
Lord I pray,
That today I will bring pleasure to YOU OH Lord.
In Jesus Name Amen.

I love you Dad, Best Friend, My Everything.

Done By : Starr

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bondman

Hi Starr, you and leastone all at one time. Will wonders never cease..lol...have a great day my friend..praying all is well with you and your family! Have a great day everyone.

Love n blessings, hawlak!

Hi Starr. I've seen you posting but I don't think we've ever met. What a beautiful poem!

Wishing a lovely evening to all and a day walking in His amazing love tomorrow!

Love from

- Bondman and Mrs B

Upvote 0
S

Starr SDA Living Word

Hi Starr. I've seen you posting but I don't think we've ever met. What a beautiful poem!

Love from

- Bondman and Mrs B
All is well here. Things are starting to look up, Praise God.

And remember you are special.

Upvote 0
S

Starr SDA Living Word

YOU PUT THE DEVIL OUT, BUT DID YOU LET HIM LEAVE HIS BAGS?
This is powerful!

You got out of a bad relationship because it was bad,
but you are still resentful and angry
(you let the devil leave his bags)

You got out of financial debt, but you still can't
control the desire to spend on frivolous things

You got out of a bad habit or addiction, but you still long to
try it just one more time

You said, I forgive you, but you can't seem to forget and have
peace with that person

You told your unequally yoked mate that it was over,
but you still continue to call

You got out of that horribly oppressive job, but you are still
trying to sabotage the company after you've left

You cut off the affair with that married man/woman, but you
still lust after him/her

You broke off your relationship with that hurtful, abusive person, but
you are
suspicious and mistrusting of every new person you meet

You decided to let go of the past hurts from growing up in an
unstable environment, yet you believe you are unworthy of love from
others and you refuse to get attached to anyone

When you put the devil out, please make sure he takes his bags!

HAPPINESS KEEPS YOU SWEET
TRIALS KEEP YOU STRONG
AND SORROWS KEEP YOU HUMAN
FAILURES KEEP YOU HUMBLE
SUCCESS KEEPS YOU GLOWING
BUT ONLY GOD
KEEPS YOU GOING!

In 2007, Let the Devil Take His Bags With Him!
Be Blessed, Healthy and Happy

Upvote 0
S

Starr SDA Living Word

Love from

- Bondman and Mrs B
I am so glad to meet you. My name is Starr. If you ever need anything, please feel free to PM me anytime.

And remember you are special.

Upvote 0