karen_trustlord

May 7, 2004
✟1,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
July 14, 2005
Deep Within

1 Samuel 2:2 There is no one holy [ Or no Holy One ] like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.

Hannah was barren and her husband’s other wife tormented her because of it. In those days, to be barren was to appear to be cursed of God. As she was pouring out her heart to God in anguish at the tabernacle, the priest Eli thought she was drunk. He rebuked her for it, but then heard her explanation. He asked the LORD to grant her request. She promised to give the child back to the LORD. She bore little Samuel. After she gave birth, she sang the prayer in 1 Samuel 2. That prayer includes the above verse. Hannah's song to the Lord shows that she was filled with awe & wonder, her heart was full.

Isn't it wonderful to praise the Lord like this? True praise comes from deep within one's heart, one's soul. When one's heart like Hannah's is so full, you can't help but praise with Your whole being, you can't help but sing -- sing to the Lord!

Psalm 103:1-2 Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul...

Lord fill each of us with the wonder & awe of Your Holiness. Let us praise you with our whole hearts, with all our souls -- with all that is within us! In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Click below to see neat picture:
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/karen_trust/PrayerLog/July2005.html#JoyBurst