USA
✟41,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps there is a better place for this post, but I'm not sure where that would be on the forums. And since this place always seems to have the most traffic and going ons...:)

I need some advice in regards to work. It has been stressing me out and I have been loosing sleep over it. I need to have it worked out and myself ready to act, come Monday morning.

I have been offered another position in my company. I have been assisting with the position for the last month (as well as work my job) because they have no one in the position currently, and they want me to accept the job.

There are pros and cons to both sides, but more pros in favor of my moving over:
No longer work for a micromanager
Pay increase
More responsibility
New skills to learn

The cons:
I will no longer work with the teen population that I do so well with, and am not certian younger kids will be my cup of tea.
With more responsibility comes possible evening or weekend shifts from time to time if staff I supervise do not come to work or if we are low in staff.

I have been wanting other work for a long time now, as I can go no further in the work that I currently do, where I am. I have wanted to be able to build more of my skills, and have new challenges. I am comfortable where I am though, despite all this, making it harder to leave.

I have talked to several trusted friends and they all say I should try the new position. That if it doesn't fit me I can just look for something else (and the company says if that is the case, they will see if they can find something for me because they don't want to loose me). It's a win win situation so why am I so stressed? I have this aweful feeling in the pit of my stomach. Gut feeling.

Should I go off such a gut feeling that does not feel like fear, or go off what others are saying and move forward into this position and see how it goes? Am I missing something here? If not, then why the feeling in the pit of my stomach and is that legit in any way?

Please pray as well as offer thoughts if you have some:)

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Beauty,
It sounds like a good opportunity to grow and work hard. Every change is hard to begin with and you never know how well you will cope. Don't be too hard on yourself. However, having worked with children for a long time now, I do understand the apprehension in changing age groups. I really don't enjoy working with teenagers as much as younger childre, however, I do work with them just for the challenge of it all. Younger children can be a lot of fun. If you ever need someone to talk to about working with kids I am always willing! Just PM me.
Anyway if everyone seems to be telling you it is a wise move and you can see the benefits of it I say go for it. I pray that the Lord will bless you in this and that His peace will come to you so that you know the right decision to make. I pray that the Holy Spirit will fill you with the right words to say at the right time.
Blessings my friend!

Upvote 0
H

Human Clay

Ask God and He will help you, and will direct your path. Whatever you decide to do, it will work for your good!

James 1:5 (King James Version)

5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (King James Version)

5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Romans 8:28 (King James Version)

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (King James Version)

16Rejoice evermore.
17Pray without ceasing.
18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Luke 18

1And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Upvote 0

~Beauty_from_Pain~

By His grace, For His glory
Jul 29, 2005
USA
✟41,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
If this is the right choice to accept the new job, why do I feel no peace? Why do I have so much anxiety and feel like I'm walking to my death in the morning? How can I feel this way? I'm so scared. I think I should say yes, but I feel like I want to scream out no. But I don't know why

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums