Debunking Pangaea/Continental Drift Theory.

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did I slander you? I question your belief in God based on your rejection of Genesis. A "Christian" is someone that believes in Yeshua/Jesus and His teachings. And He believed that Genesis was literal and true. So if you don't believe in what Yeshua believed and taught can you really say that you are a Christian? I believe this is a valid question and not one of slander.

If I said that I was an evolutionist but that I didn't believe in organisms changing, you would have every right to question my position.

To question a person's faith is against forum rules

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Certainly. But how does this relate to the words used to describe it? Or is there a verse in this part of the Bible that suggests it? (Actually I think there is, for some good reasons, but I want to see if anyone else agrees without knowing the reasons I have, just on Scriptural evidence alone.)

For those who advocate that the Book of Enoch is right that Angels from heaven took women as their wives there is a problem as the Messiah himself said that when we are raised we will be like the angels of heaven neither marrying nor given to marriage. Matt 22:30 30 For in the Resurrection, neither men nor women will marry; rather, they will be like angels in heaven.

Additionally, it is irrational to think that G-d created and called it "very good" (Gen 1:31) and that the fallen creation would be better, more highly advanced than the original creation that was very good. Ecclesiastes tells us that: (1:9 )That which has been is that which will be, And that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun.

As Ive said in other posts, the War in Heaven found in Rev and the Garden of Eden are describing the same thing. Eden is the physical representation of the fall of man as the third part of the host of heaven being swept away and falling to the earth. Man exists as G-d plan to redeem those who desire to have relationship restored with the Ancient of Days. It explains why we are born with a rebellious nature and it explains why our default, natural condition is at war with G-d

• Winner
Reactions: Ken Behrens
Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Flood=mobal. Rain=girshim, or matir. In Hebrew. Why two kinds of rain?

Mobal=meaning unknown. Root=-bal, "vibration" or "undulation". Related linguistically to Jubal=jubilee, the trumpet sound from Sinai in Exodus. Related linguistically to Tubal-Cain, the worker in metal (drop the T- and you get the Greek equivalent Vulcan).

Gopher wood= meaning unknown. Jipar wood is the subject of a long story about the Sumerian "George Washington", a fellow named "Enmerkar", who wanted to get some of it from the "Lords of Arratu" (Arrarat?) because it served some purpose in the temple of their god, that made it "shine like the abzu (primordial sky)".

Book of Enoch says the nephilim experimented with metals and this is one of the causes of the flood. Fasold says he thought that he found gopher wood that contained metal. And Papyrus Chester Beatty IV speaks of "pyramids with iron stelae", a 19-th century translation that could just as well mean "mounds with antennas" if they had the words for that back then, just like suggested in certain Sumerian Cylinder Seals.

Curioser and curioser.

Just noticed I did not answer or address the first part of your question.

Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...t-that-could-fill-our-oceans-three-times-over.

You see, we, assume (erroneously I might add) that the earth of today looked like the same earth that Adam and Eve walked on. I believe the Earth underwent some RADICAL changes as a result of the flood and that the "very good" creation (as it pertains to earth) was radically altered.

It says that they BURST OPEN.... When was the last time you had a container with liquids that burst open that said liquid did not quickly and violently didn't go everywhere??

I think that the flood was an exceptionally VIOLENT geological event. What the flood shows us is how utterly DIFFERENT the world was AFTER the flood as comparing it to before the flood.

• Winner
Reactions: Ken Behrens
Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
images

Here is what is taught in our public schools, the theory of Pangaea or the continental drift theory. The theory is that over millions of years the continents have drifted apart and some into each other(India into Eurasia). Notice, how it is in the cartoon format. Do you notice Central America? Neither do I. Now, here is how to debunk this fallacy of evolution, and anyone wanting to use this as a teaching tool/mechanism has my permission to use the mathematical calculations that I have used to debunk this theory. According to the theory of continental drift- the tectonic plates drift at 0.8 inches per year. When you are educated in math you can take a number like 0.8(the distance according to the theory) and times it by 4,500,000,000(years/age of earth according to some scientist ) and get the answer of 3,600,000,000 then you can divide it by 5,280(the feet in one mile) and get the answer of 681818.18 miles, and divide it by 24,901 miles(the circumference of the earth) and get the answer of 27.381. 27 times the tectonic plates have circled the globe, according to the theory of continental drift...that is how much the continents have drifted! It is mathematically impossible! Have a blessed day. Barry Dennis-Commander.

You might want to checkout the continental drift theory from the creationist point of view~~~> http://creation.com/creation-tv?fileID=uyhOKnyWASE .

Upvote 0