Oct 15, 2013
✟7,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It will be hard, I'm not looking foward to that at all...:( I thought Kenichi Matsuyama did really well, he added warmth to L's character. Like in the 3rd movie, he took care of 2 kids. That's why I like him so much. The Japanese commercials with live action L are also hilarious, I also like that mask L had in the live action films.

lol I saw those pictures before. xD I read something about they will change Light's character by making him less evil, and they will take out the shinigami. Those were only rumours though.

Upvote 0

J.B.

Apr 9, 2010
California
✟8,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That has me wondering. If the new movie is an American Hollywood production, it would make sense to reduce some of the cultural ties to Japan, as the Shinigami are by name a very Japanese phenomenon. However, they could simply ignore that, or even rename the Shinigami.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That has me wondering. If the new movie is an American Hollywood production, it would make sense to reduce some of the cultural ties to Japan, as the Shinigami are by name a very Japanese phenomenon. However, they could simply ignore that, or even rename the Shinigami.

lol not to contradict you
but to call Shinigami "very Japanese" is kind of a mistake, the Japanese had no idea of the Shinigami until after Spanish merchants and missionaries came there, the European concept of Grim Reapers was transformed into the Shinigami

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This might have to do with my own personal issues against Hollywood, but I really hope this is a rumor. Hollywood would just destroy it, in my opinion. It'll turn into a stupid, "Amurka saves teh day" as all Hollywood movies end up being. Maybe I'm pessimistic. Though I do have a want to see Zac dressed as Light because wow.

As great a series it is, one of my top favorites, I think it's time to let it die off unless Ohba or Obata wants to do more with it.

Upvote 0

LLLawliet

Tomatoes are evil.
Oct 15, 2013
✟7,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Director of the Death Note film is the same guy who directed the Iron Man movies. He also said something about making a Bleach live action movie, also.. It's not confirmed. He wants Death Note to be more futuristic, that's why he wanted to get rid of the shinigami.(what i've read) I guess Light will use a death note ipad 5 or something... He will probably have a real relationship with Misa, because everysingle American movie these days are lovey dovey. lol wouldn't be surprised if Watari will end up being a young female. That will make me upset. They did that to Watson from sherlock...

Upvote 0

snoopy500

Revelation 21:6- I am Alpha and Omega
May 14, 2015
Toronto
✟79,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Death note is amazing <3 was hooked from the first episode. I was warned that it may get boring but I never found that at all. Near was amazing, however L is still my favorite. Definitely a 10/10 Anime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vanillaicecream

Melting...
Dec 20, 2012
✟19,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
DA_DN2.jpg

An old thread but this cracked me up. ^_^
L is my favorite character in DN. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 9, 2015
✟7,722.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I love it because it shows how someone so normal can become so easily ensnared into becoming power hungry, and end up going crazy, thinking they are a god etc... it makes you think about people that do bad things, that actually they may not have always been that way. the devil has his way of getting in,and without the shiled of God protecting us, we can get tangles in his lies

Upvote 0

Sheiriam

Apr 5, 2015
Somewhere in Eastern Europe
✟7,695.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It made me think about how thin the line between good and evil can be and how easy is to see yourself as a savior for the humanity or even just as a good every day human when in fact you are just another Machiavelli.

It seems humans are always corrupted by power.

Upvote 0

JCScar

Feb 8, 2015
✟15,160.00
Faith
Christian
I enjoyed the show. It really shows how someone with idealistic and good morals can become power-hungry and even sociopathic in their crusade in what they believe is best for the world. Even though it's supernatural and overdramatized, the theme is very much something that happens in reality and throughout history.

Though the ending was rushed, I did enjoy Light's demise. It was very emotionally impacting just to sit there and see the flashbacks as he is trying to run away from everyone. It sort of gave me a sad feeling. That he could have turned out to be a normal person if he had never laid his hands on the Death Note, but theough his choices that future was ruined and his mind became twisted. It certainly shows that even the most average of people are capable of great evil.

Upvote 0