Kogenta

Aug 12, 2007
Marietta Ohio
✟7,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi my name is Joe and about 2 and ahalf years ago, almost 3 years, my mom and stepfather got a divorce. My stepdad, Jack, was a very controlling man as well as very mean and liked to torture me alot. At one point he even held a gun to my head, threatening to kill me. In the time span of the divorce, I used to have horrible nightmares that he was back in my life, that mom forgave him and got back together with him and that I was forced to live with them again.

I'm 23 years old, and tomorrow is my 24th birthday. I am on SSI and my mom is my payee, and I live with 2 of my best friends. The only thing I want this year for my birthday is for these nightmares to just end already. I'm so sick and tired of the way that this man keeps haunting me even in my dreams and I just don't want him in my life ever again, not after all of the stuff he's done to me. Its just too much and I'm afraid that if I ever did move in with him again, I'd end up killing or hurting myself. PLEASE keep me in your prayers. I suppose it'd also help if you know that he has remarried, by the way but I still want these nightmares OUT of my life as well as him.

KIGS_Naïm

PURELY dedicated to the Lord, nothing but LOVE!!!
Aug 24, 2008
Netherlands - Friesland - Kollum
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
NOTE THIS:
It is very important that you do not hate but bless this man as he needs help from our Lord Jesus aswell. You should rather love this man not for what he has done or is doing but for being a creation of God and having the possibility to be one of God's faithfull and loved children.

My prayer is:

Let's all lift Jack up in prayer. He just needs Jesus Christ. Lord Jesus, we present before you, Jack. Please bring him to true repentance, that he will come to truly know you, and believe on you just like you desire
. Amen.

...and what a testimony he will have!!!!

Dear heavenly Father: We who believe now agree as to lifting Jack before you. You said that you desire that all will come to repentance, and that we all receive eternal life. Please convict his heart so that he will repent and believe on you, and come to truly know you as his Lord and Savior. In Jesus mighty name, we pray.

Amen

... and I believe God can and will answer this prayer

I pray for you Joe that you will not fear anymore be afraid of anything anymore and get cleansed in Jesus mighty name.
There is only one Lord and Savior and that is Christ Jesus.
So Lord I call on You to take all the negative thoughts nightmares and wishes away from Joe, so that he will be cleansed and his mind will be cleaned from those negative thoughts.
Fill his soul with the Holy Spirit again and tell him what to do, Fill up his heart with your love so that he will chose for you once again. Let him come to total commitment to You God.

In Jesus mighty name.

AMEN

Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Joe, I agree with KIGS prayer/post. No matter how hard it is ask God to help you to forgive this man for what he has done. God forgives us for our sins and wants us to forgive eachother. He will give you the strength and wisdom to forgive and to bless this man who is in much need of it. I will pray for you all.

Heavenly Father, thank you for joining us in prayer and for all of your blessings. Thank you that Joe is no loner a victum of Jack's abuse and thank you for showing Joe how to forgive this man even though he is not asking for forgiveness. Thank you for showing Joe that when we forgive those who hurt us it is not for those that hurt us but it is for you. In Jesus name I pray for your PERFECT will in the lives of Joe, his mom and for Jack. Help Joe to put the past where it belongs, in the past. Help him to move on as a wiser and a more understanding young man so that his prayers will be answered and so his nightmares will leave him forever. Thank you for this and for all you do, Amen!

Upvote 0

Kogenta

Aug 12, 2007
Marietta Ohio
✟7,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To all who have posted in this thread: I have a praise report.
About 1 day after my birthday, my mom gave me a card that was from Jack, and inside the card, he wanted me to call him. Mind you, this is after 3 years of a long bitter divorce. At first I didn't want to call, because of the things that have been done by his hand. Still, I gathered up the courage to call him and try to have a conversation with him. Right now, in my heart, I really feel that he's trying to be repentant and sincere about things, so just as God would want it, I'm giving him a second chance. I can't trust him fully ever again because of some of the things he did, but I can still give him this chance to make up for the past.

I've been through a lot, and I've been hurt countless of times by this man, but still, in spite of it all, I'm choosing to forgive him, and give him a chance to make up for what he's done. After all, I've done things I'm not too proud of myself, and I know that God has given me a second chance to amend my own life, so now I'm doing this for my dad. I never thought that God would use me as a witness to my own parent. But then again, God uses each of us in mysterious ways.

Thank you all for your prayers. Its because of God that I was able to make the first step and talk to Jack and because of it, now my nightmares are GONE!

Upvote 0