Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You know what bothers me? That this statement can be made in this society.

Now, I'm not arguing that what was said is not true, just that these things are supposedly common knowledge!

Just for the record, where I live this is NOT common knowledge! I have no experience with police officers walking around with their weapons out. Correct that, I did once see an officer pull his gun to shoot a deer my wife had just hit with her car. It was a mercy killing. But seriously, I would be completley confused and, actually, probably a bit angry if I stepped out of the shower and found police officers in my house with guns drawn. I would assume I was being attacked for some reason and probably run for the bedroom for a rifle! Good grief! I doubt I'd even notice they were police officers if I couldn't hear them. All I'd see is guns pointed my way.

I think the greater danger to this country is not the profusion of crime but the desensitization of the general public to the violence of crime and the oppressive control of the police. My father's generation would have ordered those officers out of the house. I'm not saying that would be the right thing to do but it is indicative of the change in thought processes we've been through in one generation.

It's ugly out there.

We have such a diversity of populations in this country. The big cities have problems and issues that I have never seen and hope I never will. I deal with a life that would make many of you out there in the cities tremble in fear because I take for granted that when I leave something somewhere, it will be there when I get back. I have locked my house about 3 times in the last 12 years, I don't lock my car, I've often left my wallet in the car during the whole work day, I walk at night with no worries, and one of the best things of all - if I want to, I can walk down the street with a loaded gun and nobody cares!

How can we keep these United States united with such diversity??????

I truly think about this on a daily basis.

Bob
Spearfish, SD
I have to agree with you.
I have several friends who are police officers, and they didn't know this was the accepted procedure either.

Upvote 0

ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like yet another case of cops being too quick to taser someone, then apologize later, if forced to to try and save face.
One good thing about having so many video cams around, cops are now continually being exposed for the power tripping control freaks many of them are.

Upvote 0