Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

Digging.
AKA: Calling out to God.

Cargill-Jollibee-groundbreaking.jpg

When we are "hungry" for God and His "Word" and "delve" (dig as if with a shovel) into it, we are "calling out" to God.

When we "call out" to Him, He will SURELY answer us, just as it is written, and in the answering of us, show us all KINDS of "hidden treasures" not seen before or noticed or fathomed.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jer 33:3

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

Rejoicing In Doing Wrong And Evil.

iu

Those who rejoice in, and love evil, are called "stiff-necked". God warns us not to be stiff-necked, for we will surely be heading towards a waterfall of destruction, foolishly partying along the way, thumbing our noses at God and His grace, and relishing evil all the more.

Is ANYTHING more TRAGIC than that?

Loving destruction, even one's OWN destruction, is inexplicably foolish.

They should have a "danger" sign on them, for they surely want to take as many with them to their own destruction, as possible.

God help us.

"He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." ~Pr 29:1

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

Calling Unto God.

Seeking God through His Word is a priority, at least for those who are called by His name. It's the BASIS of what it means to "walk and talk" with God. It's summarized in TWO verses in particular (although there are verses throughout His Word). And the first verse that comes to mind is THIS one:

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jere 33:3

The second that comes to mind is this one:

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" ~Micah 6:8

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Verses 21 and 22 stand out for me, with the reminder that the righteous shall not be moved, but will REMAIN in the land, but the wicked and transgressors shall be rooted out of it and cut off from the earth.

It brings to mind the urgency to pray, amen?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

iu
Amen. Delving into God's Word is like digging for "hidden treasure". This verse comes to mind, in that "seeking" God IS "calling" out to Him by delving into His Word.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jeremiah 33:3

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:
(This is timely, and bears repeating. Amen.)

In reading Proverbs 2, this verse stood out for me.

Man's ego/pride/willfulness convinces him that he knows best and this includes his perspective on God. He renders God to be a "sideline", on a "shelf" and not to dare interfere in HIS way, HIS will. God is an after thought. This, again, ties into the lack of the "fear of the Lord". He doesn't take God seriously. God is, in essence, a "joke", invisible, and called upon at the pleasure of man, and is the epitome of what God finds abominable.

Tragic.

21-2_ProverbsDaily.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:
(This bears repeating...i was praying about this very thing this morningl and asking God for a "spiritual shovel").
Digging.

When we are "hungry" for God and His "Word" and "delve" (dig as if with a shovel) into it, we are "calling out" to God.

When we "call out" to Him, He will SURELY answer us, just as it is written, and in the answering of us, show us all KINDS of "hidden treasures" not seen before or noticed or fathomed.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jer 33:3

iu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 2:

Digging.

iu

This bears repeating.

Amen.

(Thank you to all who "bumped" the Proverbs threads and started another thread on Proverbs....it's a blessing.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums