Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Long distance does not appeal to me, but considering what there is (or is not) locally, it might be the best option. However, there is a limit to how long distance I would be willing to go. I think as long as he is within the same state as me, it's doable.

Reactions: Bristecom
Upvote 0

Bristecom

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 13, 2011
Florida
✟10,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just don't think you can really get to know someone without being around them in person. It's just not the same talking on the phone or chatting over the internet. Although as leothelioness said, realistically, we don't always have many options so I suppose sometimes it could work out.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've been on a dating binge and decided to take a break..but when I begin again, local. I've done long distance, and it's not for me. Hard to really have a relationship based off texts, and phone calls as your main source of communication. Kinda boring.

Reactions: scraparcs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,978.00
Faith
Christian
My sister has done long distance, and has made it work beautifully. She's due to move to Holland in January, and both her and her partner have really got their ducks in line. I wasn't sure at first, but now I'm convinced that she's doing the right thing. It's also an incredible opportunity for her, which adds to the bargain.

With me being very independent by nature, distance would work for me also. I don't need to see someone everyday, or check in on them every five minutes to know that I love them or that they love me. In fact, 70% of the time, I don't really want to be around people anyway. Even when I had a girlfriend, we only met up twice a week. (Though we put aside a full day for each other.)

I'd actually be happy if God said that I'd remain single for the rest of my life. The four years that I have been single have been the most productive of my life. I've got so much done, and I have so many crazy stories to tell. I've loved every minute of it.

Reactions: Messy2
Upvote 0

Messy2

Sep 20, 2015
✟871.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not focused on either. I can't move so he'd have to live around the corner or live in a poor country and be willing to immigrate.
I looked on Dutch dating sites. They have kids too. If they live 20 kilometers away it's even too far because they also have to live near school and the ex.
If they don't have that they don't want to move either.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Whatever happens happens with me. But I would have too be local. Maybe distance if they were really special but they would have to understand I couldn't or wouldn't move (I've done it once before so it's a no for me)

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Whatever happens happens with me. But I would have too be local. Maybe distance if they were really special but they would have to understand I couldn't or wouldn't move (I've done it once before so it's a no for me)

Yeah, they would have to be pretty special for me, too if I was going to do long distance. It's not ideal, but if that person was awesome enough it would be negotiable.

Reactions: TheGirlOnFire
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm open for everything. Short distance is much easier, but for me, possibility of moving is just technical problem. I've already moved like 10 times in my life and I don't have a homeplace or home town, so distance and moving are not that big problems for me by default. Also, because I am a geek, I'm used to online communication with people, it's not big deal for me if there are periods when you can't meet physically. Of course, the other party must feel same way about it or it's not going to work.

Reactions: TheGirlOnFire
Upvote 0